Member Service Representative 4
Company: TruStone Financial
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Welcomes members into the branch and provides professional
expertise in the service and sales of deposit products, loan
products, and convenient services through effective rapport
building skills, proficient knowledge, and the promotion of the
credit union?s brand of savings, transparency, and financial
education. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and
Branch goals through active participation in sales programs.
Originates, underwrites and closes consumer and home equity loans
following outlined TruStone Financial policies and procedures and
adhering to regulations governing the financial services industry.
Accurately and efficiently interpret and process a wide variety of
financial inquiries, account openings, service requests, and
transactions. Secures credit union assets, balances transactions,
and completes necessary reports.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate, underwrite and close consumer loans following
established underwriting criteria.
- Originate, underwrite and close personal loan accounts
including home equity loans following established policies and
- Build new relationships outside of the branch through effective
- Sell and open personal and business deposit accounts, including
but not limited to IRA?s, HSA's, Trusts, Estates, and convenient
services following established standards and procedures.
- Cross sell the Credit Union?s products and services. Promote
business for the Credit Union by maintaining strong member
relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new
- Effectively develop new member and business sales to achieve
individual and branch monthly goals through sales, referrals and
retention of account relationships.
- Recognize and maximize opportunities to up sell members on
TruStone products that would be mutually beneficial to the member
and TruStone Financial.
- Respectfully communicate underwriting decisions to members and
provides credit report education with both approvals and
- Serve as an in-branch mentor to less experienced staff with
providing leadership training and handling more complex questions
and balancing difficulties.
- Takes responsibility for referring loans outside of credit
granting authority limits to appropriate staff.
- Recognize member needs for advanced products such as investment
and mortgage products and seamlessly refers members to appropriate
- Participate in community outreach events to help grow the
branch and promote the credit union.
- Demonstrate a work style that is consistent with TruStone?s
values and takes personal responsibility for own learning and
development to support those values and the credit union?s
- Maintain up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations,
policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this
- Community involvement: Promote business for TruStone Financial
by developing client relationships within the community.
- Make outbound calls to build business relationships with
- Provide friendly, helpful service that builds member
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and
an organized workstation.
- Maintaining knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting members.
- Proactively greeting members with a smile, introductions, and
- Understanding the member?s objectives by asking appropriate
questions and listening to the member?s responses.
- Engaging with members: begin a conversation, build report, and
ask about their personal finances.
- Recommending the best solution to strengthen the member?s
financial well-being or guiding the member to the appropriate staff
to fulfill their needs.
- Interpreting and processing member requests including
transactions such as opening/closing a member?s account, cashier?s
checks, and transferring funds accurately and efficiently.
- Skillfully researching and resolving errors and disputes for
- Following up with the member to ensure satisfaction.
- Open consumer and business deposit accounts and convenient
services following established standards and procedures. Explain
all features, benefits, and fees of the account or service with
transparency and expert knowledge. Teach members to use the account
or service to improve their financial well-being and provides any
ongoing correspondence. Accurately and efficiently prepares
- Provide financial education to members in personal finance
- Understanding the banking system
- Creating a regular savings plan
- Explaining compounding dividends and finance charge
- Reconciling bank statements
- Understanding credit
- Teaching children about money
- Introducing small business banking
- Fulfill member service requests including account maintenance,
research, reconciliation, and correction.
- Secure the credit union?s assets by handling cash, negotiable
instruments, wire transfers, and certificates of title in a
consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member
information confidential, balancing at the end of each business
day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily
- Ability to open and close the branch in the absence of branch
management staff. Acts as liaison between management and other
- Promote a positive image of TruStone with all members.
Appropriately escalate member issues to supervisor.
- Required to meet TruStone?s Customer Service Profile (CSP)
- Responsible for regular and reliable attendance at the
- Perform other duties as assigned, including floating to other
branches and filling in as a Member Service Representative 1.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Must possess highly-developed interpersonal skills, a positive
attitude, and a desire to help people.
- Must have the ability to identify member opportunities for
financial improvement, teach financial concepts, communicate
recommendations, and provide support.
- Ability to analyze and solve situations independently.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication
- Must have reliable attendance.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Ability to perform calculations and possess proficiency in
basic math skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate
- Projects a professional image.
- Ability to confidently approach prospective members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a
related field, or four years of equivalent work experience.
- Two years of cash handling experience or experience serving and
interacting with customers.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
- Must meet SAFE ACT registration requirements.
- Previous experience recommending products and plans to improve
a customer's financial position.
- Previous experience underwriting loans.
- Expert knowledge of banking and/or credit union
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location
with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a
need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8
- Ability to communicate with a diverse membership and employee
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through
the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging, and fast paced work
environment with variable stress levels.
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be
regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as
dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or
Keywords: TruStone Financial, Kenosha , Member Service Representative 4, Sales , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!