Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Route Driver Trainee
Gordon Food Service , the largest, privately-owned food service distribution company is hiring, and this is your chance to join others who have found a great stable & high paying career .
If you want to be a CDL driver, but don't want to go over the road for multiple days on end and can't afford the expensive courses then this is a great opportunity for you to get the training by quality GFS trainers .
How does it work?
- NO CDL A Permit - $17/ hour (permit required within 2 weeks of starting)
- Once you have a CDL A Permit* - $20/ hour (must get license within 90 days of starting)
- Once you test and earn your CDL A License *- $22 /hour until you're assigned a route
*candidates who start with a permit/license will begin at this rate
We'll team you up with our driver trainers so you can learn CDL driving which includes:
- Pre/post trips, maneuverability, electronic logs, and efficient route management.
Our Driver Trainers will help you prepare for and obtain your license with a vast amount of wheel time.
- We expect all trainees to obtain their license within 90 days of hire .
Trainees who earn their license will then be eligible for a Regional Route Driver position.
- Regional Route Drivers earn $70-$90k/year with stable & consistent delivery routes .
Development doesn't stop here - there are opportunities to become an Assistant Transportation Manager, Transportation Manager, Director of Transportation and more.
- Learn to be a safe and confident driver
- Learn what it takes to keep our customers satisfied - providing accurate & timely deliveries
- Build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Provide documentation & assistance to our Chain Delivery Drivers
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to operate a two-wheeler with a load weighing up to 350 pounds and be able to walk up and down ramps and stairs
- Pass Hair Drug Test (90+ days drug screen) and Background Check
- Must pass MVR , DOT requirements, & GFS Driving Policy
- A history of amazing service in a customer facing role
- Delivery experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Becoming a Gordon Food Service CDL A Delivery Driver means:
job stability , high earning potential , professional growth opportunities, great benefits package and one of the best retirement programs in the industry.
Our drivers are Industrial athletes.
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
Gordon Food Service At a Glance There's a seat at our table for you...
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Kenosha , Driver Trainee, Professions , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!