Galaxy Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift, Tue-Sat
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. SummaryThe ideal
candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of
maintenance support for all equipment in the Galaxy filling
process. This includes maintaining equipment in all areas of the
Mix, Fill and Finishing complexes at the Drug Delivery and
Penicillin facilities. This position ensures manufacturing lines
are well maintained and ready to run during planned production
time. This requires providing on time PM completion, constant
monitoring during production to spot and solve issues before they
affect production. Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability
to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
It is customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including
overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns. Must become familiar
with corporate specifications and plant SOP s governing the
operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP. Must adhere to all
plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of
plant safety. The successful candidate will drive innovation and
continuous improvement, able to work independently and closely with
manufacturing, engineering and quality groups to resolve issues.
This position will support Sr. Field Service Technicians and Lead
Maintenance Technicians with scheduling and timely PM completion.
Out of town travel may be required to attend seminars, visit
equipment vendors or other Baxter facilities. This position
requires lifting up to 100 pounds on a periodic basis. Walking and
traveling between Drug Delivery and Penicillin buildings throughout
all seasons.Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesA Maintenance
Technician requires little supervision to accomplish his/her
objectives. This individual looks for ways to improve their
knowledge and skill set through additional training. Take a
proactive role in safe work practices and lead by example. Point
out unsafe conditions and practices to others and support the C2S
initiative. This shift is Tuesday-Saturday,
11:00PM-7:30AM.Understand corporate specifications and plant SOP s
governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP.
- Experience with energy management, conservation and
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with
manufacturing to reduce down time.
- Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs
- Build and rebuild machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision,
manufacturing, and management per the plant s Stop and Fix
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process
when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and
efficiency. Ensure proper and timely completion of related
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems,
breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work
order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue.
Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts
to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Maintenance Technician will share knowledge and train less
experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related
equipment including safety, 6S, PM s associated with the RLD and
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes,
troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine
output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from Lead technicians and engineering assistance
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required
- Ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical and
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Develop strong troubleshooting skills.
- Develop a good understanding of programmable logic
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong
teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good
documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills,
customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and
Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical
certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a
- 3 or more years manufacturing systems experience preferred
- 2 or more years of manufacturing systems experience with
- 1 or more year of manufacturing systems experience with a
Bachelor s degree
- Prior experience working in an FDA regulated environment
preferred. # LI-DM1 The successful candidate for this job may be
required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against
COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with
medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination,
and in accordance with applicable law. Equal Employment
OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter
evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 068084
Keywords: BAXTER, Kenosha , Galaxy Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift, Tue-Sat, Professions , Wadsworth, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!