Quality Assurance Technician $18/hour - 1st Shift
Company: Fair Oaks Foods
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Fair Oaks Foods began their story in 1985, during a time when
the world's largest fast food restaurant searched for a supplier
that further reflected the demographics of their customer base. A
search to find an existing Minority owned and operated meat
processing business, proved unsuccessful. Fair Oaks Foods was
created to fill a gap in an industry that was in crucial need of
diversity and growth. Three decades later, Fair Oaks Foods stands
as an innovative, family-owned business consisting of culinary
experts that specialize in making flavor-filled, fully cooked meat
and plant based protein products. It's a specialty - continued to
be done well!
Growth is something Fair Oaks Foods is familiar with! Fair Oaks
Foods has proudly grown nearly 300%, added additional facilities,
has continued expanding into international markets and continues to
supply meat protein products to many of the world's leading
restaurants and grocery stores.
QA Tech-East-1st Shift
Fair Oaks Foods is a supplier of high-quality custom meat products
to some of the world's largest and most discerning retail and
It takes more than top-notch facilities, modern equipment, and
innovative technologies to become our customer's most trusted
supplier. It takes people who are committed to our customer's
success and who are willing to go the extra mile to get the job
Duties and responsibilities:
* Contribute to production operations by complying with policies
and procedures for meat processing; Good Manufacturing Practices,
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations,
* Contribute to a safe and sanitary work environment by complying
with establishment procedures and rules.
* Inspect fresh meat to be used in the process to assure
* Monitor and record weights and temperatures of cooked meat
* Monitor and assure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and
establishment procedures are being followed, and that safe, quality
meat products are being packaged for delivery to our customers.
* Monitor and assure the effective operation of production line
* Verify and record case weights and case piece counts and
temperatures of finished product.
* Verify information printed or stamped on finished product cases,
including proper code date, 'Use Thru' date, product code, etc.
* Collect and document product samples for lab (micro) analysis,
perform chemical analysis, grilling and organoleptic testing of
finished product sample to assure the customer is receiving a
* Retain unacceptable or questionable product for further
* Perform special assignments, as directed by Q. A. management.
* Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying
and documenting quality problems for corrective action and for
preventing non-conforming product.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Required High School diploma, GED or equivalent, with basic math
and computer skills to work with Microsoft Word, Excel,
* Desired experience with Food Manufacturing, Food Service, and
* Desired degrees Bachelor or Post-secondary degree in Food
Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or equivalent degrees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, REQUIRED SKILLS, &
* The candidate applying for this position must be reliable,
dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, work
alongside peers as the duties are shown, and under minimal
* To include ability to record data neatly/accurately, to
multi-task in fast paced environment and to communicate effectively
and clearly in a timely manner, both verbally and in writing.
* This job operates in a manufacturing environment, while
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to balance; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; talk or hear, lift a minimum of 50 lbs. including
working in a cold environment of 30 degrees for prolonged
* This is a no-kill facility, pork meat manufacturing breakfast
* The process, duties and physical expectations are subject to
change as product formulas change or are added.
* This job description does not state that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
* Must be able to complete assigned tasks delegated by the
BENEFITS: Rich Health plans - EPO, PPO, HSA, Dental, Vision, Short
and Long Term Disability, Pension, Vacation, Paid Holidays and
Employee Assistance Program.
1st shift- 5:30 AM - 3:30 approx. * (as business necessitates)*
**** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PLEASANT PRAIRIE,
The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours
Keywords: Fair Oaks Foods, Kenosha , Quality Assurance Technician $18/hour - 1st Shift, Professions , Antioch, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!