Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Lake Geneva
Posted on: August 5, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees the proper operation and
maintenance of all mixing, filling, and packaging equipment. The
supervisor oversees the day-to-day management of people and
resources associated with the equipment maintenance organization.
The incumbent embraces and drives a Lean culture and coordinates
activities to ensure production uptime in a cost-effective and
efficient manner. The supervisor provides coaching and feedback to
employees, plans maintenance activities, and takes action to
improve department performance. The incumbent will develop and
enforce standard operating procedures while ensuring equipment is
clean and running properly.
How you will contribute:
- Provides guidance, support, direction, and leadership through
positive interactions with all employees during daily
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day production,
scheduling, material management, compliance, training, and auditing
activities - to meet customer requirements including deadlines and
- Interview, hire, coach, motivate, train and develop team
- Assist in setting clear performance objectives and individual
- Oversee parts ordering, to ensure adequate spare parts are
- Accountable for ensuring production lines are up and running
during planned production time.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper Preventative Maintenance
plans are in place, all associated tasks are included and
accountable for ensuring they are completed on time.
- Develops and implements training programs, motivates his/her
team to continually improve and optimize maintenance tasks.
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and is accountable for
the inclusion of new PMs and optimization of existing PMs.
- SME for manufacturing equipment preventative maintenance and
predictive maintenance strategies. Works independently and closely
with manufacturing, engineering, and quality groups to resolve
- Responsible for the cleanliness, organization, output and
safety of the plant's equipment and all areas of the Maintenance
- Takes a proactive role in safe work practices and leads by
example. Points out unsafe conditions, practices to others, and
ensures closure or issues.
- Responsible for and accountable for advanced scheduling of PMs
to maintain a 100% completion record.
- Responsible for driving operational excellence and flawless
execution in the areas of cost reduction, discard reduction, annual
productivity improvements, inventory turnover, regulatory
excellence including deviation ownership for both engineering and
- Responsible for maintaining the performance and maintenance of
all equipment operation.
- Provide a very high level of troubleshooting diagnoses and
- Must become familiar with plant SOPs, Procedures, Critical
System, corporate specifications and local GMP practices.
- Partner with maintenance manager and engineering to analyze
mechanical and electrical problems and work to resolve the issues
and improve uptime.
- Initiates work orders and PMs for equipment when it becomes
apparent that additional work is required to maintain equipment
reliability and efficiency.
- Based on historical observation, this person will take the lead
in noting repeat problems, breakdowns, or alarms and initiate work
orders or engineering requests to resolve reoccurring issues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability
to interface well with other departments and lead effectively and
efficiently in a team environment.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- Have strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbally
and written, good documentation skills, customer oriented, work
safely and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Able to lead large maintenance projects, complete on time, high
quality and within budget.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical, and
pneumatic drawings. Able to make changes to engineering drawings &
complete change control documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and
- Strong troubleshooting, decision making, project management and
- Ability to understand regulatory and safety requirements
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level.
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare
- Experience understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory
guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present
information to groups and senior management.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 6+ years of related experience
OR Bachelors' degree in science, engineering or other related
technical field and 3+ years of related experience. Some leadership
experience preferred for Supervisor role.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As
a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing
facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the
product. In this role, you may:
- Must be willing and able to work night shift; 10:00 PM - 7 AM,
Sunday to Thursday.
- Must be able to carry up to 40lbs, lift up to 50lbs, push/pull
up to 75lbs (with assistance of material handling equipment).
- Extended work hours may be required based on business
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for an extended period over
an 8-12 hour shift between rooms and across the site.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or
squatting motions to perform certain tasks
- Repetitive motions with hands, wrists, turning head, bending at
knees and waist
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring
special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
- Indoor working conditions
- Will work around moving equipment and machinery
- May be required to work in controlled environments requiring
special safety gear or gowning; will be required to follow gowning
requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face,
hands, feet, and body. No make-up, jewelry, nail polish, or
artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing
- May be required to work in confined spaces/areas.
- Some Clean Room and/or cool/hot storage conditions. (Applies to
roles in Filling Department only)
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Kenosha , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!