Packaging Machine Operator
Company: TreeHouse Foods
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Employee Type:Full timeLocation:WI KenoshaJob Type:Production
PackagingJob Posting Title:Packaging Machine OperatorJob
The Packaging Machine Operator's primary responsibility is to
operate food manufacturing equipment in the packaging area in a
safe, effective manner, while ensuring quality and food safety
standards are being met. Responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
To perform jobs successfully, the incumbent will be required to
perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. The
company reserves the right to modify, delete or add to the
essential functions for the Maintenance position at any time.
- Actively participate in maintaining a Food Safe environment,
follow GMPs and Food Safety Guidelines and report any food safety
or quality issues to a Supervisor.
- Follow all safety and emergency standards at all times and
report to Supervisor any incidents/near misses, hazards related to
safety, with equipment, or damage to the facility
- Maintains an understanding of the production schedule for each
shift and how it influences the work to be done
- Tracks and records production numbers and downtime on
communication boards and other written reports
- Trains for and is prepared to support any position on the
packaging line as needed
- Observes the flow of the packaging line and identifies where
help is needed stepping in to any position to provide support or
relieve for breaks
- Understands and prepares for the specific materials to be used
during the shift based on orders being run
- Understands the packaging equipment being used and how to
adjust when needed. Identifies packaging defects quickly and makes
- Cleans and uses equipment effectively assuring that it remains
in good working order
- Checks all packages for correct dates, codes, weights and other
defects and intervenes immediately with machine adjustments as
- Supports or manages changeovers quickly and assures that the
production line continues to run smoothly and efficiently with no
- Prepares for the scheduled product by pulling appropriate
corrugate, scanning to correct PSA and any necessary materials and
staging in the packaging area
- Uses SAP to validate material usage, including issuing and
- Communicates routinely with the Production Lead or Supervisor
providing feedback on the how the work is progressing and any
impending issues or concerns
- Participates in overseeing the quality of the products being
produced and packaged
- Performs all equipment cleaning and sanitation activities
following both safety and quality procedures, policies, and rules
and in accordance with the standards, regulations and laws
governing food safety, food quality and environmental safety
regulations and monitors and accurately documents all work
- Assists production with packaging, palletizing, and other
duties, as needed
- Assures the implementation of all identified food quality and
food safety standards, laws, good manufacturing practices, training
and continuous improvement
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of food safety and
food quality standards, regulations and laws and records and
documents according to procedures, notifying leaders if there are
any concerns or opportunities for improvement
- Remains current in training expectations
- Keeps work environment clean and safe
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires education generally equivalent to a high school
- Requires a minimum of two years of progressive work experience
with machine operation, preferably in the food products
- Requires an understanding of packaging machine operations, box
erecting, case packing, palletizing and all other production
- Requires the development of a working knowledge of food safety
and food quality standards and regulations such as SQF and
environmental safety regulations along with a commitment to
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract,
multiply and divide and make fine adjustments in equipment
- Requires teamwork ability; works well with others and
communicates effectively with all associates
- Requires effective and clear written and oral communication
skills fluent in English to clearly communicate with other team
- Exhibits personal accountability for work performance and
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use
hands and fingers.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Will walk/stand for the duration of a 8-12hour shift and be
able to use both hands, twist, bend, stoop, reach and maneuver in
tight or cramped areas.
- Will climb stairs, ladders, equipment scaffolding, tanks and
heights to 50 feet.
- Will push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Will use one or both hands to hold, grip, and use tools
required for duties, including but not limited to a utility
- Will hear and talk on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of
moderate and loud noise.
- Will work in and around cold water or hot water up to 185--
- Will work in cold, warm, hot, humid and/or wet conditions.
Within the work environment, the employee's physical condition must
be such that the employee can wear:
- Hearing protection.
- Head protection.
- Steel-toe slip resistant footwear.
- Eye protection when required.
- Hand protection when required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email please include a description of the specific
accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position
for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: TreeHouse Foods, Kenosha , Packaging Machine Operator, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!