Manufacturing Associate - Utility Operator
Company: Ardent Mills
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Description: Manufacturing Associate - Utility Operator Your
role: As a Manufacturing Associate - Utility Operator, you will be
responsible for ensuring the sanitation and cleanliness of sections
of the facility and learning the basics of flour milling. People
who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties and
safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion
into other roles as they become available. This work requires
physical exertion, the ability to learn and follow work
instructions, a good safety sense, the willingness to do whatever
it takes to deliver, and a strong sense of personal accountability
for all of these areas To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while
adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising
the team's values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with
others. Above all you will be expected to carry out all your
activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe,
environmentally responsible, and efficient manner. Your
- Routine cleaning of floors, equipment, roofs and outside
grounds in any department there is a need.
- Specialized cleaning tasks such as bin cleaning, sifter work,
filter sock changes, IPM equipment clean-outs.
- Special duties assigned by management.
- Basic process maintenance.
- Get cross-trained in at least two different operator jobs.
- Responsible for understanding and following all personnel and
equipment safety policies; Sanitation policies; following all
Business Unit policies and procedures. Essential skills and
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in computer tools including email and
- Proficient in English both written and verbally. Good to have:
- At least one year of manufacturing or plant operations
experience. Physical requirements and working conditions (with or
without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in a dusty environment and wear respiratory
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Ascend and Descend stairs throughout the facility.
- Climb step and extension ladders as well as on top of rail cars
- Wear the required PPE. Other considerations:
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a
- Must be willing and able to work 1st (0700 - 1500) - 2nd (1500
- 2300) or 3rd shift (2300 - 0700), weekends, Holidays, 7-day
weeks, and opposing shifts when needed.
- Must be willing to get cross-trained in at least one other
position for development within the facility and to provide any
relief duties as needed. Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status. The preceding position description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties
and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this
position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
in this position. The description, duties, functions, and
responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent
Mills. Locations:Kenosha WIAdditional Locations: Type:Full
Keywords: Ardent Mills, Kenosha , Manufacturing Associate - Utility Operator, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!