Day Shift Custodian
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: November 11, 2018
$ 15.31/ Hour
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
10901 38th St. Kenosha, WI 53144
Benefits after 30 days!
Experience a world where hard work and great pay create a place where you can learn by doing, meet new challenges , work alongside some of the greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
Our automated distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business.
Here's a first-hand look at what it's like to be a selector inside of our automated distribution center:
Our Custodians maintain the buildings to ensure clean, organized operations. Our Custodians have a very important role because they:
- Maintain our facility to meet AIB and other food safety standards
- Sweep, mop, scrub and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space within the distribution center while working in extreme temperatures (-25F to 100F)
- Empty trash and garbage containers and clean snow and debris from walkways
- Mow lawn, trim shrubbery and cultivate flower
- Operate power industrial vehicle (PIV), vacuum cleaner, lawn mower, gardening tools and other various types of equipment
- Must have basic computer skills utilizing windows based software. Like any job, there are some requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- We have frozen products - your ability to work in extreme cold (-25F!) or hot (100F) conditions is required while you're here
- And you'll hustle --- this is a fast paced, physically demanding environment requiring constant walking, going up/down stairs and platforms, handling product, and lifting up to 100 pounds!
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions).
- Successfully pass our drug screen and background check requirements (criminal background check, yes - we do not check your credit score)
- Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening next in the process
- Must be able to work holidays and overtime as required -- holidays are very important to our restaurant customers! Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Employer values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Employer customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Employer. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Employer? Check Us Out:
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Employer locations are tobacco-free.
Employer is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Kenosha , Day Shift Custodian, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!