Factory Quality Specialist - (2nd Shift)
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes
your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that
changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of
seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the
United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading
food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver
quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local
communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow
than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our
entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where
collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected,
and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance
your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and
beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers,
but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Factory Quality Specialist performs a variety of quality
control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological,
chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products,
materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production
process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability
standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents
and sensory program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and
writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing
standards. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new,
standards, methods and procedures. Works closely with the Quality
Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting
* Responsible for releasing or holding finished product from
production, PD, and TAG for retail and institutional sale
* Report out detailed information regarding the products that are
held and released
* Track non-prime inventory
* Report all KPI information for the department
* Report out finished product scrap
* Involved in trace and recall procedures
* Support traceability exercises
* SAP/GLOBE QM Super user- responsible for learning, implementing,
teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the GLOBE QM module
* Responsible for hold product and rework documentation review and
* Support for all outside warehouses
* Responsible for allergen and coding maintenance
* Supports production in decisions related to quality and food
* Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
* Conducts coaching and training to employees
* Identifies gaps in procedures or processes
* Participates in and/or lead continuous improvement activities
such as DMAIC and GSTD
* Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
* Responsible for changes in procedures and QMS
* Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up of alerts
* Maintain consumer complaint awareness through distribution of top
complaints for production lines
* Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up
* Manages Foreign Bodies Task Force
* Daily Review of HACCP documentation on Shop Floor
* Daily Behaviour Based Quality observations
* Responsible for follow-up activities driven by CPARs from
Internal Audit Team and Third Party Audits
* Members of Internal Audit Team
* Conducts special projects as assigned
* Able to work flexible hours and able to cover off shifts
* Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and
other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices.
* Interprets data and reports on trend and data analysis to
* Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plans (ICPs) on a required
* Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and
prepares and interprets reports for use by management. Reviews or
writes procedures and work instructions
* Supports laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of
products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are
maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical
* Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock
control, stock record entry, reporting, etc.
* Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of
off- and on-line sensory, and test methods.
* Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing,
etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestle requirements while driving
continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance
Indicators in the lab.
* Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with
QMS, including storage and retrieval.
* Assists, advises, and trains colleagues to attain the NQAC
requirements (MI, LI, P-test, etc.)
* Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all
required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate
quality or food safety findings or incidents.
* Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping,
and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated
* Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 while driving continuous
improvement for Quality metrics/KPI's in their area of
* Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with
Factory, and drives improvement projects in DOR.
* Assist, advise and train Operations in attaining the Nestle
quality standards (QMS, MI, etc.).
* Communicates Quality and Food Safety briefs to assigned line
operation teams. (Is this the Quality Specialist, or the Food
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestle guidelines
pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
- To be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety
NESTLE CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Supports key Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other
related field, required.
- Preferably 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years)
experience in food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be precise and accurate, well organized worker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced
- Must have good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly
desirable), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers,
spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system
with custom applications preferred.
- Proficiency in SAP systems is preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the
forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The
skills you've gained while serving our country, such as
flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that
will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our
commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the
exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with
disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals
to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have
chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin,
ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the
next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us
confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in
order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestle, Kenosha , Factory Quality Specialist - (2nd Shift), Other , Burlington, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!