Sr. Solution Architect-Digital & E-commerce
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott is a global
healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people
s health. We re always looking towards the future, anticipating
changes in medical science and technology.Working at AbbottAt
Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for
yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You ll
also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.The Opportunity This
position works out of our Chicago, IL location in the Digital and
E-commerce organization. We are looking for a senior technologist
with expert-level knowledge of digital marketing, e-commerce,
customer relationship management, integration, DevOps technology,
and cloud computing. This is a hands-on role where you will be
responsible for the solution design and architecture across mobile,
web, marketing and e-commerce solutions and the integrations they
require.This is a delivery focused role, reporting to the
Divisional Delivery Director, Digital & e-Commerce. You will be
accountable for the solution design of all solutions delivered
within a division in the digital and e-commerce domains and driving
reusability on a global scale. You will be working with internal
and external delivery and development teams to ensure the reference
architecture and strategy is understood and incrementally delivered
in each project. You will have to manage tactical vs target state
trade-offs to ensure delivery is achieved without the addition of
technical debt. The role will require a strong technical background
covering the full stack and interacting with business as well as
technical stakeholders.The architect is responsible for defining
and maintaining the structure of the solution, and ensuring that it
will meet the requirements. This architect will function in an
agile environment, and must also help the team to work together in
an agile fashion, to jointly own the solution, and to interface
well with other parts of the organization.You have worked on large
scale programs and want to take your impact to the global scale.
Continuous improvement of the existing solutions must be part of
your mindsetWhat You ll Work On CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and implement contemporary digital and e-commerce
architectures capable of meeting a continuously changing industry
and market environment to support Abbott s strategic goals.
- Deliver application architectures and development patterns for
AEM solutions web and mobile across e-Commerce.
- Ability to translate business requirements into system level
design and detailed technical architecture documents.
- Support new business development opportunities with emphasis on
experience delivery platforms including Adobe Experience
- Defines integrations with 3rd party tools such as SalesForce,
- Technical leadership skills in driving architecture, helping
with technical trade-offs, and driving best practices.
- Help identify opportunities for and drive Continuous
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry standards and
collaborate with fellow team leaders on the prioritization and
execution of ongoing platform improvement initiatives.
- Ability to present at an executive level for solution
- Provide guidance for architecting solutions that meet data
- Responsible to ensure solutions are scalable and meet both
Abbott and industry standardsRequired Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree or Master s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in delivering large scale IT
solutions in digital landscape
- Strong experience in solution architecture for enterprise web
content and digital experience management platforms.
- Hands on experience estimating development tasks or review
estimates provided by Vendor
- Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
- Experience implementing CMS - Adobe Experience Manager and
- A strong background in technical design / architecturePreferred
- Strong experience with solutions respecting security and data
privacy (GDPR, CCPA) and PCI compliance requirements
- Experience with AWS Lambda based integration
- Provide technical guidance to developers around best practices
in AEM development - both back-end and front-end execution
- A strong background in technical design / architecture
- Good experience with Agile SCRUM development.
- Applied knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous
Delivery (CI/CD) and best practices.
- Experience or familiarity with technologies and best practices
in areas not limited to: Customer experience, CRM, marketing /
sales automation, web content management, mobile solutions, social
engagement, event bus, audience selection and API.
- Excellent track record in designing solutions for complex and
cross functional programs
- The candidate must have knowledge in preferably Java and / or
strong background in React / Angular / Node.js
- Experience developing or working with Cloud-based technologies
such as Amazon Web Services is highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting
facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving
- Experience working in matrix global organization with working
in virtual geographically disparate teams being the norm
- Healthcare Experience preferable Apply Now Participants who
complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in
our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next
calendar year.Learn more about our health and wellness benefits,
which provide the security to help you and your family live full
lives: Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that can help you build your future
and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Kenosha , Sr. Solution Architect-Digital & E-commerce, Other , Burlington, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!