Laser Marker Prog & Set-Up Operator - 3rd Shift - Day 1 Benefits
Company: Symmetry Medical
Posted on: September 21, 2022
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus and Benefits that Start on Day 1
Build innovative solutions and design the future.
You can pursue your potential at Tecomet by working with a
dedicated team to solve complex challenges, in partnership with
industry-leading clients in medical device technology, aerospace,
and defense industries. With the backing of our steadfast brand,
you can be a part of the next era of manufacturing by bringing bold
ideas to life and building products that improve on the status
What's In It For You:
At Tecomet, we believe that everyone makes a difference and
contributes to our overall success. We are a team bound together by
pride in our work and dedication to our craft. Our leadership team
shares the company's strategic direction so our workforce can
remain informed and attain our internal goals and objectives.
Let's talk about what we have to offer:
* Competitive pay and benefit packages
* Health Benefits start on day one
* 401k available
* 9 Paid Holidays with 2 Floating Holidays
* PTO available after 30 days
Program, set-up, and perform batch work of laser marking functions
of varied complexities with close tolerances. Produce a quality
product per print. Employee must rely on experience and judgment to
accomplish goals and complete jobs in a timely manner.
* Works with engineering on prototype development and efficient
* Writes 4-axis programs using FlyCAD, DOS, and visual-based
* Provides engineering support in designing/implementing drawings,
tooling, and fixturing
* Reads, prioritizes, and organizes jobs based on dispatch list and
* Selects correct program for job and reviews and modifies offsets
* Creates, confirms, and maintains customer lot codes per SOP-0130,
WI-0024, and "LM-C" log
* Designs program notes to build and install fixturing
* Creates/designs new fixturing to set parts for new program
* Confirms validity of program by "previewing" and following setup
* Maintains proper line clearance for job
* Marks first piece and follow first article inspection procedures.
Verifies that all markings conform to customer and/or process print
and adjusts to proper revision
* Completes job per standard procedures
* Performs 100% visual inspection of markings on each piece
* Reads customer prints and writes programs to meet customer
* Measures critical dimensions using proper equipment to confirm
program is correct (i.e., caliper, optical comparator, gaging) and
adjusts as needed
* Sets part/program marking parameters
* Visually validates proper focus to achieve desired markings
* Reviews routing for all required paperwork and/or prints.
* Performs first article inspections for other laser markers and
* Works independently and maintains productivity and quality
* Runs multiple laser marking machines efficiently
* Reads and interprets prints in accordance with customer
specifications and requirements
* Performs special projects with additional responsibilities and
assists in other areas of production
* Performs general maintenance on machines (e.g. change lamps, add
water to machines, perform power checks)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent math skills
* Ability to read blue prints and use measuring tools
* Above average computer skills required.
* Prefer Microsoft Office knowledge.
* Prefer Drawing Editor software experience.
* Prefer working knowledge of CAD.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2-4 years related experience highly desired
* At least 2 years experience in manufacturing setting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be
required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to
walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could
occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Tecomet, Inc is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined
by federal, state, or local laws.
Looking for a better employment fit?
Look to Tecomet and apply online at careers.tecomet.com.
3rd shift. 9:30pm-6:00am
Keywords: Symmetry Medical, Kenosha , Laser Marker Prog & Set-Up Operator - 3rd Shift - Day 1 Benefits, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!