Student Nurse Intern- Nursing Office
Company: Froedtert South
Posted on: September 21, 2022
- POSITION PURPOSE
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), provides
safe, personal patient care. Performs procedures that are
documented on individual Student Nurse Intern Skills List.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School plus specialized training (6 mons-2 yrs)
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Entry Level
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain
certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Must currently be enrolled in nursing program.
- If not currently enrolled in nursing program, this position may
be used for those that have graduated from such a program and do
not hold a temporary permit or have been unsuccessful on the
nursing licensure exam and is retaking the exam. In this case, the
SNI position will only be available up to six (6) months from the
date of graduation from nursing program.
- Must maintain an overall 3.00 GPA.
- Minimum of one semester of formal nursing education that
includes at least one semester of clinical experience and/or C.N.A.
certification and currently enrolled in a clinical semester.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to read, write, speak, hear and comprehend the
- The physical, technical and cognitive ability, as well as the
manual dexterity, to use patient care equipment.
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Demonstrates competency with specific clinical skills and
techniques that are listed in the department/ unit skills
- Performs tasks for patients' Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
to promote patient comfort and safety.
- Promptly and courteously responds to any call light.
- Consistently conducts regular rounds and observes patient
- Promptly and clearly observes and communicates to the RN
changes in the patient's condition and pertinent information
regarding the needs of the patient and significant others. #cb -
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that
has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities
for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services
primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert
Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment
decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Froedtert South, Kenosha , Student Nurse Intern- Nursing Office, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!