Posted on: June 23, 2022
Summary: The welder must have a technical aptitude with
experience in casting repair using MIG (GMAW) welding processes.
for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing
operation to manufacture product to customer drawings,
specifications, and other forms of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to
plan layout and procedures
- Proficient in MIG welding technique
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on
- Use of jib or overhead crane to manually position work
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise
- Two to three years of welding experience, preferably GMAW.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in production
- Must pass welder qualification weld tests using GMAW
- Must be able to read measuring devices, such as tape measure
- Must be able to read blueprints
- High school diploma or GED.
- Formal trade or technical welding training, or equivalent on the
job experience leading up to a qualification in structural welding,
- Experienced in the use of overhead cranes and hydraulic
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both
inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid
conditions. Frequently required to use
personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous
- The noise level in this environment is frequently loud.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk; and the ability to bend,
squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up
to 70 pounds.
Keywords: Putzmeister, Kenosha , Welder, Other , Sturtevant, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!