Forge Utility Worker
Company: Scot Forge Co.
Location: Spring Grove
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Forge Utility Worker
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that
manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot
Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical
initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's
physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to
manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of
NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for
nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest
mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision
forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the
Perform duties required of the forge department in support of and
to assist in production.
We currently have 1st (6am-4pm) and 2nd (7pm-6am) shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Locate material according to shop order information, verify
material identity, visually examine material for defects, and
transport material, scrap, and forgings throughout production
* Grind material defects with hand grinder or overhead grinder.
* Coordinate pre-forging load with Blacksmith or appropriate forge
* Load, unload, and operate furnace to maintain production schedule
for forging cycles and post-forge thermal cycles in accordance with
* Repair forge tools with welder or grinder.
* Remove scrap from the press pits, unload scrap in the appropriate
dumpster according to metal type. Record weights on appropriate
* Fuel press support equipment, long reaches and fork trucks.
* Perform general housekeeping work - clean furnaces and
* Fill in as forge crew member when required.
* High school diploma/GED and completion
* Basic manufacturing or shop math (measuring and converting
* Ability to read a tape measure and interpret blueprints.
* Must be capable of performing a wide variety of tasks and willing
to learn on the fly.
* Must be capable of following verbal as well as written
* Previous experience with heavy equipment operation.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
* Will be exposed to varying temperatures during summer and winter
* Operate job duties in small areas
* Ability to lift a minimum of 65 lbs.
* Climbing, overhead lifting, standing for long periods of
* Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without
* Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65lbs.)
* Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging
by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners.
a sample of our benefits:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Incentive bonus
* Medical/Vision/ Dental
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Short and Long term disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vets encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Scot Forge Co., Kenosha , Forge Utility Worker, Other , Spring Grove, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!