Posted on: January 15, 2022
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader (Assembly) to
join the Kenall Team in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
You will lead a team in Assembly by directing daily activities and
making sure quality, productivity, and safety is maintained and
improved upon continuously. With supervisor's direction, oversee
cell employees, material handlers, assemblers, and assembly
specialists, to ensure that Kenall production requirements are met.
Provide strong leadership that will guarantee company objectives
What Will You Do?
* Communicate daily production goals/performance feedback to team
* Able to interview potential candidates for the department
* Ensure company procedures and policies are adhered to daily by
* Serve as the controller of production, quality, and safety for a
designated team of assemblers
* Follow the standard work checklists and report abnormalities to
* Coordinate the movement of assemblers from line to line to
maximize production output
* Coordinate activities between the material handlers and set up
specialists for fully prepared line set up
* Enforce adherence to work standards, quality inspections, and
* Act as backup to supervisor
* Follow up on hour-by-hour sheets filled out by assemblers, make
any necessary changes to help keep line running efficient
* Assist in helping cell team members with and daily
* Able to assist supervisor filling out review
* Oversees that employees log on to computer terminals accurately
* Work with set-up specialist in our daily start up meetings
* Work in cross functional teams to reduce assembly downtime
* Enforce 5S discipline and machine/tool maintenance
* Fill out maintenance work order request as needed
* Ensure bench stock and miscellaneous inventory is readily
available for assemblers
* Assist set-up specialist with execution of the Assembly schedule
and coordinate jobs to assembly lines with keeping ship dates in
* Makes certain that finished product from the cell is moved to
* Continually suggest and implement overall improvements in
* Active participation in ongoing individual training / development
* Set goals and objectives with Supervisor; look for ways to
improve quality and productivity
* Maintain good housekeeping conditions in assembly cell and
surrounding area daily
* Follow safety rules, safe operating practices, and procedures
* Report abnormalities in machines, programs, materials,
* 3+ years related assembly/team leader experience, a plus
* Mechanical aptitude, ability to read and understand blueprints,
engineering drawings and work orders
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills as
required to discuss training, general direction, and other machine
operations-related tasks, motivational to all employees in
* Strong math skills, ability to calculate efficiencies, labor
* Lean experienced, especially with 5S and standard work, classes,
and certification a plus.
* High caliber of quality control; strong skills in observing /
inspecting employees' work.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
* Manage and prioritize multiple tasks at the same time.
* Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Epicor MRP, a plus
* Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus.
* Excellent attendance and flexibility to perform overtime duties
or adjust schedule when required (weekends, etc).
* Must be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed.
* Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail and
* Must possess positive, "can do" attitude.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions
of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded
company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000
employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5
billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on
the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For
more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000
associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories
(Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data
Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA
offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA
offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match,
above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer,
and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth
company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit
About Legrand's Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, OCL, and Kenall Legrand designs and
manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting
solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare
facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to
supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting
engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies,
using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and
built to last. Our products offer the design professional a
complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into
architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand's specification
grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and
the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level
lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Legrand, Kenosha , Assembler Lead, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!