CNC Mill Operator (Kenosha, WI) - 28446/R2
Company: Halpin Staffing Services
Posted on: January 11, 2022
This position will float between turning and lathe machines so
experience with both preferred.
Operates computerized numerical control machine to perform a
complex series of progressive machining operations to meet precise
tolerance and finish requirement by performing the following
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Operates machining center CNC where the tools turn rather than
the part fuming. Produces manufactured parts, sets up equipment,
routinely inspects parts to ensure high quality, and offers
suggestions to make improvements whenever possible.
2. Reviews methods sheet and specifications to determine loading
procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work
3. Inserts stock piece, closes door, punches appropriate controls
to start and stop the process. Changes cutting tools and location
of work piece during machining process on semi-automatic machines
as specified in setup instructions. Observes and listens to machine
operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting
tools. Removes debris with compressed air as needed between steps.
Replaces tools as necessary. Grinds off burrs on finished parts.
May machine materials other than metal such as composites.
4. Measures work piece for conformance to specifications using a
variety of precision measuring instruments such as caliper,
micrometer, or plug gauge.
5. Change tooling to machine parts according to specifications.
Notifies Cell Leader/Supervisor of discrepancies, which can not be
6. Performs offset adjustments under supervision of cell
leader/supervisor, as needed, to improve machining operations.
7. Able to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
8. Performs daily maintenance to ensure that equipment and work
area are clean and organized at
9. Assist in setups of machining centers. This may include but is
not limited to; removal and
installation work holding, removal and installation of prelabeled
tooling, and gathering necessary
secondary equipment for finishing of parts.
10. May be cross-trained to run CNC Turning center machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty -satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
-ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities -to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school education and some machining related experience
Completion of shop -certificate program at technical college and 6
months' related experience a plus not required.
Keywords: Halpin Staffing Services, Kenosha , CNC Mill Operator (Kenosha, WI) - 28446/R2, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!