Heat Treat Operator
Company: Scot Forge Co.
Location: Spring Grove
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that
manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot
Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical
initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's
physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to
manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of
NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for
nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest
mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision
forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the
The Heat Treat Operator performs various duties throughout the heat
treating process for up to 16 furnaces as a member of the heat
treat team. This position will work a rotating schedule, four days
on and four days off.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Program and monitor furnace cycles via temperature controllers,
adjustments and record readings
* Properly calibrate all equipment
* Prepare heat treat furnace, ensure orientation of load and remove
* Load and unload materials into furnaces according to established
load sheet instructions keeping in mind product support and furnace
* Load and unload material into quench tank according to both
established and unestablished guidelines and practices..
* Evaluate and straighten tempered parts as required in accordance
with established practices.
* Complete production time cards ensuring that accurate records are
* Perform brinell testing operations and record results in
accordance with established specifications.
* Work in cooperation with all fellow employee owners to sustain a
strong team atmosphere.
* Read and understand shop order routing (pink) and be able to
identify the next operation, and prepare and move the forgings to
the appropriate department location for the next operation.
* Read and understand basic blueprints (weights, product sizes
locations, hardness, test location)
* High School Diploma or GED Required or equivalent
* Basic shop math (calculation of quench times based on part sizes,
calculate cycle times---)
* Must be able to pass written and practical Heat Treat
Examination- (12 months)
* Must become a certified hardness tester (use, calibrate and test
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Will be exposed to varying temperatures during summer and winter
* Operate job duties in small areas
* Ability to lift a minimum of 65 lbs.
* Climbing, overhead lifting, standing for long periods of time
* Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without
* Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65lbs.)
* Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging
by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners.
a sample of our benefits:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Incentive bonus
* Medical/Vision/ Dental
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Short and Long term disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vets encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Scot Forge Co., Kenosha , Heat Treat Operator, Other , Spring Grove, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!