Maintenance Mechanic A
Company: Fresenius Kabi US
Location: Pleasant Prairie
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The facility Maintenance Mechanic A (MMA) is responsible for the
maintenance and upkeep of the company's equipment, facility, and
appointed areas in a manner that minimizes interruptions in
distribution operations and ensures the safety of employees,
contractors, and visitors. The facility MMA develops programs to
extend equipment life and reliability and to ensure safe operations
at the highest level. The facility MMA will coordinate and
supervise subcontracted work within the facility, including
sanitation services. The facility MMA is also responsible for
maintaining the facility and equipment per cGMP, FDA, and OSHA
regulations and guidelines. Responsibilities also include planning,
directing and coordinating the daily maintenance activities; along
with troubleshooting, analyzing, recommending and justifying
projects to maintain and improve utilities, facility and grounds.
The facility Maintenance Mechanic A reports to the Manager,
- Identify and implement improvements to facility and utility
- Perform Preventative Maintenance as well as mechanical and
electrical maintenance repairs.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for
all material handling equipment, facility systems and conveyance
systems. Performs light PMs on forklift fleet.
- Plan and coordinate facility and equipment maintenance projects
as well as directs all contractors providing maintenance services
in our facility.
- Creates and updates standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and document all material handling equipment
maintenance activities, ensuring that all equipment is serviced as
required, or on schedule.
- Conducts routine tours of the facility to ensure the building
and equipment are safe and operational.
- Make recommendations to management on programs to improve the
- Coordinate with departments to schedule downtime for repair and
- Performs light repairs to HVAC systems, including coolers, air
handlers, rooftop cooling units, etc.
- Maintains HVAC equipment following a preventive maintenance
schedule (includes replacement of filters, belts, or motors;
lubrication of fan and motor bearings; pressure washing condenser
- Maintains and repairs warehouse conveyor systems; performs
scheduled maintenance on conveyors including periodic lubrications
and component replacement.
- Performs all light electrical maintenance in the facility,
including lighting replacement and minor electrical repairs.
- Performs all maintenance plumbing work in the facility,
including minor rodding and plumbing repairs
- Performs periodic inspections and testing of sprinkler
- Orders and maintains all materials, components, and spare parts
required to provide for all scheduled maintenance and to minimize
downtime or disruption to Distribution Center Operations
- Assures compliance with all applicable GMPs, SOPs, OSHA and EPA
- Assumes other maintenance duties and responsibilities as
- High School Diploma or GED with a Mechanical & Electrical
- A minimum of four years experience in a similar position of
equal responsibility (i.e. Maintenance Coordinator or Technician,
- 2 years experience in a regulated industry preferred.
- Must have proven mechanical and electrical skills/experience
with PLC's, conveyors, compressed air systems, and HVAC.
- Must have building maintenance experience.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must possess solid math skills, effective problem solving
skills, demonstrated use of sound judgment, good organizational
skills, and the ability to work effectively independently or with a
- Good understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently and set priorities.
- Must possess good computer skills with MSWord and Excel.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including
medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance,
disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disabilities, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Fresenius Kabi US, Kenosha , Maintenance Mechanic A, Other , Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!