Director of Marketing Communication
Company: Marcus Corporation
Location: Lake Geneva
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Marcus Hotels & Resorts, we operate under a simple premise
that if we focus on the primary goal of "People Pleasing People",
whether with our external guests and clients or our internal
associates, our business will take care of itself. It's a
philosophy reflected at every property within Marcus Hotels'
prestigious portfolio and practiced by every associate. By
successfully balancing organizational and individual success we've
been able to maintain our reputation as one of the hospitality
industries most trusted and conscientious employers.
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the
Director of Marketing Communication will lead a team responsible
for creating and executing a proactive, effective and integrated
marketing strategy that creates revenue, property recognition, and
loyalty. This strategy will cover all channels including online and
offline marketing, resort standards, CRM, social media, traditional
PR campaigns on a local (and national level), and advertising
(print and digital). This professional is a key member of our
executive leadership team (Executive Committee) that develops and
executes the long-term vision for the resort.
Location: Lake Geneva Wisconsin or remote from Milwaukee or
Chicago metro areas with scheduled weekly days on property.
- Develops and executes comprehensive marketing plans and
programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue
objectives of organization.
- Provides monthly analytics/metrics, reporting on the
effectiveness of the strategies. Researches, analyzes, and monitors
financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on
market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
Review and share data that supports the resort's strategic
- Oversee the deployment and optimization of relevant digital
strategies. Oversee digital marketing efforts and collaborate with
corporate digital team and agencies to ensure the development and
execution of robust online marketing (inclusive of all relevant and
emerging social media platforms, as well as CRM campaigns)
- Develop and implement CRM email marketing strategy. Oversees
development and maintenance of customer database and
- Develops and manages marketing operating budget.
- Works closely with revenue management to develop marketing
strategies that align with rate strategy and occupancy needs.
Anticipates and recommends strategies for need periods and help
maximize revenue generation in peak times.
- Continuous updating of property website, and online
advertising, and paid search.
- Oversee marketing activities for all businesses to help drive
awareness, demand and revenue for units including but not limited
to: F&B, Spa, Golf, and Ski.
- Determines agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiates
contract terms and conditions for major services.
- Oversee all PR agencies and related activities at the Resort.
Management of PR media relations both on a local and national
level. Oversee organic and paid social media strategies.
- Oversee and direct any crisis communication activities that may
be deemed necessary.
- Oversees development and production of promotional and
collateral materials. Establishes and maintains a consistent
corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional
materials, and events. Work with corporate brand standards team and
property team to ensure all Grand Geneva related brand standards
are executed and adhered to properly onsite. Make suggestions to
evolve standards as needed.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and
pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in
relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes
corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing
objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
Anticipates and reports on trends.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing
strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry
influencers and key community and strategic partners. Develops and
negotiate creative partnerships.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts,
and provides feedback for future product development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in marketing, communication arts, or similar field
- 5-7 years of experience in the Marketing field required,
experience in a hospitality environment highly desired Strong
planning and organization skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate various
options and quickly make recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Possess computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft
Suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
Marcus Hotels & Resorts and The Grand Geneva Resort & Spa are
Equal Opportunity Employers
Keywords: Marcus Corporation, Kenosha , Director of Marketing Communication, Other , Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!