This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You?ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives?
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Summary : This position is responsible for performance of
tasks related to drug formulation, weighing raw materials, cleaning
mix complex, tanks and equipment, distilled water sanitization,
filter integrity testing and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up equipment
- Build and perform integrity testing on all production
- Make process adjustments in accordance with GMP's and Plant
- Responsible for in-process inspections and all related
documentation in accordance to specifications
- Prepare raw materials for mixing, including verification of lot
numbers and weights
- Perform additional tasks related to drug formulation, including
cleaning the mix complex, tanks and equipment calibration,
distilled water sanitation and documentation necessary for
traceability according to specifications and procedures
- Take batch samples with corresponding batch record to
laboratory for testing and quality using aseptic techniques
- Maintain area housekeeping
- Perform drop sanitization
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD
- Mandatory overtime may be required
Work Environment: Must be able to work with pressurized
equipment, work in -25o to 80o F room temperature, work with hot
surfaces and work in a wet environment. Must also be able to work
with chemicals and drug compounds.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and
job-specific training materials
- Requires the operation of multiple types of equipment related
to the mix operation as well as hand operated equipment, but not
limited to, such things as calipers, scales, gauges, and other
- Requires the ability to demonstrate the proficiency in reading
of gauges, blueprints, pressurized systems, calibrated cylinders
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma
required, experience in GMP Manufacturing environment
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read
and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP's, SPEC's,
Job-specific training materials, GMP's, and other manuals.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is
based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability
to use good judgment. A high level of independent decision making
and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include
escalating issues to supervision, releasing of product, scheduling,
etc. This person must have the ability to work independently, and
the ability to evaluate appropriate resources for problem
resolution. Resources used may include supervisors, managers,
engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP's and
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/30 Near Vision with or without corrective
- Frequent lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of up to 65 pounds.
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping, squatting, and
climbing of step/ladders.
- Frequent movement of the hands and wrist and have the ability
to reach up and out
- Wear a respirator
- Work in confined spaces
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Work with pressurized equipment, hot surfaces
Additional Requirement: Final candidate for Production
Operator Mix will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment
job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities
to perform the essential functions of a job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.