Nursing Assistant Weekend Program - 1st Shift
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Provides basic, quality patient focused care in clinical
setting under daily direction and supervision of Registered Nurse
(RN) in accordance with the standards of practice within guidelines
of corresponding state regulations. Performs delegated tasks in
patient care setting that supports environment of patient care and
assures patients and family are treated in a holistic manner with
dignity and respect.
- Assists RN with daily care of patients including bathing, oral
hygiene, feeding, activity orders and ambulation which may include
use of therapeutic assistive devices, proper positioning, range of
motion and special transferring as indicated.
- Measures and documents blood pressures, TPRs (Temperature,
Pulse, Respiration), I & O (Intake and Output), daily weights, and
other patient data as requested. Documents accurately in Electronic
Medical Record (EMR).
- Performs purposeful rounding under direction of RN and promptly
communicates observations, concerns, and needs of patient/family to
RN. Documents appropriately.
- Participates in admission, transfer and discharge process under
supervision of RN including room set up, orientation to room,
removing linen, and proper management of patient belongings.
Ensures patient call light is always in reach of patient and
answers call-lights promptly.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum specimens and performs
point-of-care testing as indicated using approved process for
accurate specimen labeling and identification. Maintains competency
- Completes various errands as directed including pick-up and
delivery of trays, charts, specimens, and reports. Maintains and
orders stock for nursing area. Cleans equipment and work
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties
which require lifting and pushing/pulling while utilizing proper
technique and assistive devices. Performs tasks related to
nutritional needs of patient under direction of RN to include diet
review, tray set up/removal, proper positioning and diet
- Performs tasks related to maintaining skin integrity to include
proper repositioning and skin care. Ensures special patient
supplies and appliances are provided and maintained such as TED
hose and sequential compression devices.
- Under the direction of RN and as determined by site/unit
requirements, may be required to remove IVs, provide post mortem
care, perform phlebotomy, ECGs, bladder scans and other skills as
allowed under state regulations.
- Practices within policies and procedures of infection
prevention by demonstrating hand hygiene and knowledge of sterile
and aseptic procedures, proper disposal of contaminated materials
and utilizing proper attire when in direct contact with patients in
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:30 am - 6:30 pm.
Licenses & Certifications
- Nurse Aide in good standing as indicated with the State
Registry in which the team member practices., and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers certification issued by the American Heart
Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 45 days.
- High School Graduate, or
- Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High
School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Required Functional Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set
- Certification Addendum Team members will maintain annual
educational requirements for hospital based certifications (e.g.
DNV, CARF or others).
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Kenosha , Nursing Assistant Weekend Program - 1st Shift, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!