Computed Tomography (Ct) Technologist - RIII
Company: Froedtert South
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- POSITION PURPOSE
- Under the supervision of a radiologist, performs all CT scans
in accordance with department policies and procedures. Operates
auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to: laser camera,
processor, magnetic tape/optical disk, and power injector,
administers intravenous and oral contrast materials as dictated by
scan protocols, assists with providing technical coverage 24 hours
per day, seven (7) days per week.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Associate Degree: Graduate of an accredited certification
program in Radiologic Technology
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Entry Level
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Licensed Radiographer
in the State of Wisconsin
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) -
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain
certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge helpful.
- Ability to read, write, hear, speak and comprehend the English
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates all CT and ancillary equipment associated with the
performance of routine and special CT procedures; responsible for
radiation safety; has the ability to recognize and report equipment
malfunctions; follows maintenance protocols at all times to ensure
maximum equipment performance and minimize down time. Proficiency
in the use of all software upgrades is required.
- Utilizes proper CT and positioning techniques to maximize film
quality and minimize the need for additional scans. Must be able to
move patients on stretchers, in wheelchairs and on CT table. Must
appropriately label radiographs, document pertinent clinical
information and use independent judgment to determine steps
necessary to complete each study. Must be able to perform
intravenous injections of contrast material according to
- Must assist with the 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week
CT department coverage as needed.
- Assists radiologist and other physicians with special CT
procedures, including biopsies; exam room is set up according to
department/physician protocols; sterile technique is required;
pre-procedures questionnaires/ consent forms are complete and
- Receives and records verbal orders from licensed independent
practitioners for orders that are specific to the services provided
by their department.
- Administers medications in a timely manner, safely and in
accordance with policy and procedure. #cb Froedtert South is a
comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served
southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more
than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through
the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie
Hospital and several other clinic locations. Froedtert South is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of
qualifications, merit, and business need.
Keywords: Froedtert South, Kenosha , Computed Tomography (Ct) Technologist - RIII, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!