Company: Symmetry Medical
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Maintenance Technician will provide skilled labor to
install, repair, overhaul, replace, and perform preventive
maintenance for production machinery and equipment. Must know both
mechanical and electrical concepts, and be able to perform general
building maintenance, as well as have the ability to develop
additional skills and knowledge within the maintenance field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, overhauls and maintains electronic,
electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and/or
electro-mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Observes and tests operation of electronic, electrical,
electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical devices
in order to evaluate and identify operating problems.
- Fabricates replacement components with direction from section
managers/supervisors and/or team leaders in order to affect
in-house repairs and/or modify machinery and equipment to improve
- Dismantles equipment and machinery in order to identify,
remove, repair and/or replace damaged or deteriorated components,
and reassemble equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance for facilities, fixture,
equipment, and machinery.
- Preventative maintenance includes but is not limited to:
- Repair/replacement of electrical wires/connections.
- Soldering, replacement of bulbs and other electronic/electrical
- Cleaning and lubrication of moving mechanical parts.
- Cleaning of filters and adjustment of air and fluid pressure
- Replacement of coils, motors, starters, contactors, and other
- Maintenance of additional systems and components as
- Maintains maintenance logs and other required
- Develops additional technical skills and knowledge of
electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic
and mechanical principles and maintenance and repair
- Maintains the work area in a neat, clean and in orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent with classes in electricity
- 1-2 years of install and alignment experience.
- 1-2 years interpreting blueprints and use of quality gages and
- 2-4 years' experience in the maintenance of industrial
equipment and machinery.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and
knowledge of GMP's, EEO, OSHA, ISO, and FDA Guidelines and
- Must possess excellent math, computer, and organizational
- Requires personal maintenance equipment to perform duties such
as wrenches, wire cutters, screw drivers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of electronic, electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic and pneumatic concepts and operating safety.
- Basic operating knowledge of relay and programmable controllers
for mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret blueprints,
mechanical drawings, diagrams, engineering specifications and
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry and demonstrated
ability to read and understand working and mechanical trades
- Demonstrated ability to use hand power tools commonly used in
the electrical, electronic, metal working and mechanical
- The basic understanding of OSHA rules and regulations such as
lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hot work, hazardous
communications and other safe working practices
- Attention to detail filling out paperwork from work tickets to
preventative maintenance orders
- Self-motivated, team player, flexible and able to work within
all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of CNC machine experience with Mazak Mills/Turning
centers, Haas, Citizens, and/or STARs CNC machines including all
mechanical knowledge (hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical)
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected
Veterans / Disabilities / Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Symmetry Medical, Kenosha , Maintenance Technician, Other , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!