Inventory Control Specialist - 1st Shift - $17/hourly
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
UNFI has been deemed critical business/essential personnel and
will remain open despite COVID-19.
UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the
widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North
America including natural product superstores, independent
retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers,
and food service customers
Responsible for tracking inventory and maintaining accurate
inventory records and able to research any discrepancies. Display a
strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, the location of
product, and the lay-out of the warehouse, slot location, lost
sales, miss-picks, pack size and all other applicable product
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Monitors product velocity and tracks lost sales and in-house
- Researches inventory adjustments and maintain high service
levels (low out of stock).
- Initiates date checks, periodic cycle counts ( 3 months in
grocery and repack and every 3-4 weeks in cooler/freezer) as well
as quality checks.
- Researches miss-slots and quality issues, verifies pick slots
and back stock verification.
- Processes return to vendor requests.
- Basic slotting.
- Alerts management of potential safety problems or
- Tracks expiration dates (particularly cooler/freezer
- Tracks food bank and salvaged product.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location.
- High School Diploma/GED Certification and/or equivalent related
- Understanding of Safety guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF
- Understanding of applicable Bakco functions.
- Understanding of all paperwork and reporting methods related to
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the
warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Capability of being licensed in operating powered industrial
- Strong communications skills; both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be motivated and take
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to be detail oriented and manage multiple tasks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Kenosha , Inventory Control Specialist - 1st Shift - $17/hourly, Other , Sturtevant, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!