Field Service Technician
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Are you looking for?
- A stable organization that has been around for over 50 years
and is growing (30% since 2009)
- An organization that gives you the opportunity to move up in
compensation while staying close to the hands on side of the
business you love or moving up the corporate ladder into
- That values you as an individual, one where you are part of a
team and that listens to your opinions. What we provide:
- A Monday through Friday (7 AM till 3:30 PM) schedul.
- One of the most comprehensive training and certification
programs in the industry.
- A new or like/new corporate van and company credit card
- More company tools than our nearest competitor
- Cell phone, lap top, and tablet
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for overtime.
- Financial rewards with each technical certification you receive
in addition to your annual review.
- Full benefits including health, eye, and dental, short and
long-term disability, 401K (dollar for dollar matching for the
first 5%), life insurance, 9 paid holidays, flexible spending
account, tuition reimbursement, two weeks paid vacation, plus 5
personal days and nine federal holidays. Field Service Technician
General Summary:To troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems,
complete installations, and perform unscheduled repairs and
scheduled maintenance on equipment, based upon customer demand and
need. To provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and
professional manner. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to
breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions
necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between
the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action
for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a
professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted
customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is
disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service
repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits
paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate
and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and
hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van
(i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs
- Performs factory authorized modifications per
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for
performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping
guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation
- Knowledge of reading schematics, maps, blueprints, and
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and material
- Skilled in providing excellent customer relations by exchanging
information with courtesy and consideration.
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor, and develop
customer relations and superior service.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with
all levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and understand
necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages. Ability to understand and follow verbal
and/or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry
innovations and product availability in order to make
recommendations based on customer needs.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts,
hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools. Ability to draw
upon available support resources from within the company and
recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in
connection with additionally assigned duties
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED and/or one to three
years mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience in a similar
environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Excellent people skills and verbal communication is
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good
driving record. EOE: minority/female/disability/veteran
Keywords: Associated, Kenosha , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!