R&D Technical Lead -Wood Coatings
Company: CPS, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2022
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR RESIDENT
Our customer located in southern Wisconsin is seeking a leader in
the development, formulation, and commercialization of wood
coatings for industrial and architectural markets. The right
candidate will possess a passion for innovation, ability to manage
multi-faceted projects simultaneously, and desire to mentor other
individuals in a chemistry lab setting. Acting initially as a
subject matter expert in wood coatings, the right candidate will
help develop a group of chemists and technicians and eventually
enter a management tract when appropriate. Candidates currently
holding a management position should apply and will be
The R&D Leader will demonstrate and apply the following
attributes with a high level of expertise and has a proven track
record as an individual contributor and team leader.
- Understanding of Scientific Methodology. Hypothesis driven
research and problem-solving capability using experimental design,
data analysis and documentation.
- Coating Chemistries: Primary expertise in WB acrylic chemistry,
expertise in epoxy, urethane, phenolic, polyaspartics and
sil(ox)anes etc. valuable
- Coating Formulation Science: Various coating systems of
architectural primers, basecoat, topcoat systems for liquid
- Coatings Application and development: Application techniques,
equipment, substrates coupled with expert understanding of DIY and
Contractor Coatings on Wood substrates.
- Analytical science and material science emphasis on
- Ability to develop and implement project plans and leadership
(timeline, time management, prioritization, resource utilization,
managing the projects and R&D projects/teams and measuring
progress and providing updates in alignment with marketing.
- Ability to make strategic decisions (technical and staff
utilization) and influence leaders and scientist to execute those
initiative while managing business strategy and value creation
- Outstanding technical (verbal and writing) and interpersonal
communication and presentation skills. The R&D Leader
demonstrates and applies these skills with high levels of
- Has a plan and executes for innovation. Skillset and track
record in identifying and scouting new and innovative ideas.
- Continuous learning and intimate awareness of open literature
and competitive landscape
- The R&D Leader executes the allocation of resources towards
initiatives by working with leadership
- The R&D Leader has influence in decision making and a
demonstrated ability to communicate with project stakeholders and
cross-functional teams, leadership and external scientific
- There are NO DIRECT REPORTS, but the R&D Leader is
responsible for mentoring others in the lab.
BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials, or other
equivalent scientific field required; MS or PhD strongly
- Agility to respond emerging business needs - strong management
of change skills
- Builds strong partnerships internally within R&D, internal
functions (marketing, manufacturing, sourcing, etc.) and externally
(vendors, customers, etc.)
- Managing high stakes and challenging situation with all levels
- Using, assessing the organizational processes and developing
new processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong career ambition - potential to become top
- Strong business acumen
Keywords: CPS, Inc., Kenosha , R&D Technical Lead -Wood Coatings, IT / Software / Systems , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!