Director of Banquets
Company: Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Location: Lake Geneva
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is now looking for a Director of Banquets
with fantastic benefits! This role will ensure that the Banquet
Department is as profitable as it can be; to provide the banquet
guest with the most efficient, and professional service possible;
and to meet and exceed all banquet guests' needs and
Our Team is looking for People Pleasing individuals who want to do
-Turn our guest's ordinary day into an extraordinary day ---
-Love where they work ---
-Be appreciated for what they bring to a team ---
-Learn and grow with a company who truly values its people ---
--- Hotel room discounts as low as $49 per night
--- Free meals every shift made by our talented culinary team
--- Paid vacation days
--- Golf, Ski, & Spa discounts
--- Flexible scheduling
--- WELL Spa Gym membership for $16 per paycheck
--- Advancement opportunities across the property and US
--- Friendly work atmosphere- Negativity & drama are not welcome
--- Holiday, jury duty, & bereavement pay
--- Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life
insurance, employee assistance program and additional retirement
--- Recognition programs (aka get paid to celebrate)
- Ensures the highest quality of food, beverage, and service
related to all banquet areas.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of all assigned personnel
and departmental responsibilities. Responsible for training
standards throughout department.
- Ensures the coordination of banquet service needs with food
- Maintains effective communications within and between departments
to ensure proper servicing of guests expectations.
- Maintains warm, hospitable guest relations in all guest contact.
Interacts with banquet department associates as needed for guest
- Controls labor, costs and expenses, and operates within budgetary
and forecasted guidelines.
- Maintains accurate banquet function's records and banquet
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings. Attends F/B, BEO, Special
Events, Quality, and Dept. Head meetings.
- Maintains adequate inventories of banquet and beverage service
supplies to meet the needs of the hotel and the guest.
- Maintains a high quality image of the hotel through effective
housekeeping, maintenance, and sanitation in the area of
- Responds to individual guest needs as they occur.
- Implements and supports hotel operation policies and
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance, demeanor,
ethics, and image of subordinates.
- Maintains fair wage and salary administration in the department
in accordance with policy.
- Operates in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and
- Assesses and reviews the job performance of subordinates and
maintains records of assigned employees in a timely manner and
according to policy.
- Maintains positive employee relations in a supportive
- Staffs department to meet departmental responsibilities.
- Inducts, orients, and trains assigned associates to meet
departmental responsibilities. Communicates effectively, both
verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the
- Interfaces department and self with other departments of the
hotel to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees, assists in the
maintenance of the emergency action plan and security
- Performs special projects as requested.
- A minimum of 5 years of banquet management experience
- High school diploma required, 4 year degree in Hospitality
related field preferred.
- Strong familiarization with food and beverage financial systems
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
- Keen intuition to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
- Able to develop camaraderie with team members.
- Act ethically and honestly in all business practices and builds
professional relationships by promoting mutual trust.
- Ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time while touring
food and beverage outlets. Ability to sit and perform tasks in an
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights,
weekends and holidays.
Keywords: Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, Kenosha , Director of Banquets, Hospitality & Tourism , Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!