Engineering Lab Technician
Company: Husco International
Posted on: August 19, 2019
Engineering Lab TechnicianJune 9, 2019 - Waukesha, WI This position
is located in Waukesha, WI. Husco provides individuals the
opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry
leading and entrepreneurial organization. Engineering Lab
Technicians work closely with our Husco Engineering Design team to
support innovative new designs and customer applications. A
successful Engineering Technician has a strong technical and
mechanical background, is able to rapidly learn new
concepts/techniques, and is a strong team player. This individual
will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and exceed
customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a fast
paced and dynamic environment, Engineering Technicians can switch
gears quickly to build prototypes and execute diagnostic tests as
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles. A successful Lab
Technician has a thorough understanding of hydraulic principles and
components. They will have the ability to perform the basic
calculations required to successfully perform requested tests. They
will also be able to read and analyze a hydraulic circuit
- Understanding of Basic Electrical Principles. A successful Lab
Technician is thoroughly familiar with the operation of a
multi-meter. Will have the ability to trouble shoot DC wiring
systems such as those found on off-highway equipment or in a lab
- Data Collection, Analysis of Performance, and Presentation of
data. Able to analyze, test, troubleshoot and repair new or
existing hardware, software, vehicle, or electronic designs or
processes. Perform testing with attention to detail to assure
safety for themselves and people adjacent to the area. Cognizant of
valve performance as tests progress to efficiently spot and
evaluate product performance issues before moving on to subsequent
testing. Has an understanding of data being collected and maintain
test setups to assure resolution and accuracy. Maintain accurate
records of testing performed. Prepare formal technical reports and
basic data reduction/analysis. Presents data clearly in the Husco
standard format. Has strong interpersonal communication
- On and off site customer machine evaluations. Operation and
testing of customer supplied vehicles. Aware of surroundings and
external conditions to assure safety for themselves and people
adjacent to machinery. Has basic welding/fabrication skills
allowing for modification of hydraulic circuits and installation of
prototype valving. Familiar with basic machine tools such as a
lathe, mill, drill press, etc. Familiar with the use and
maintenance of portable data acquisition equipment. Conduct
themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Build & Test Design Prototypes. Work closely with Engineers to
perform the following tasks: read engineering drawings, assemble
specified prototypes, order experimental parts, understand testing
needs, set-up and execute required testing, and record accurate
- Troubleshoot & Debug Assembly & Test Failures. Take a hands-on
problem solving approach for prototype assembly and test
complications. This requires critical thinking, strong knowledge of
testing techniques, and ability to determine root cause of
- Design & Build Test Fixtures. Design and build special test
fixtures and processes to meet engineering needs and
specifications. This requires mechanical aptitude, fabrication
skills, electrical knowledge, and a firm grasp of hydraulic
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand equipment and
component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications
are built and tested within the Engineering department, requiring
successful Engineering Lab Technicians to grasp concepts and
designs and build a deep knowledge of testing equipment and
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high
pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an
orientation towards results/execution. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate Degree or above in a technical discipline is
preferred. Will consider candidates with equivalent training or
experience with emphasis in Fluid Power Technology, Hydraulics,
Electronics or equivalent.
- Experience working with electrical circuits or components. This
includes multi-meter usage, basic soldering ability, and the
ability to read electrical schematics.
- Experience with analyzing data and writing reports.
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Basic schematic and print reading.
- Be able to perform all necessary calculations
- Basic computer skills. Should be proficient with Microsoft
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of
- (Authorized to work in the United States.) PHYSICAL
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 5%,
stand or walk 45%, lift 25%, bend or kneel 25%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing up
to 50 lb. frequently. A hoist is provided for lifting projects
greater than 50 lbs.
- This position requires extensive use of the hands, therefore
strong manual dexterity is required.
- May involve occasional data input, writing, manipulation of
"mouse" and phone dialing. Telephone duties require clear and
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth
perception, strong reading abilities, ability to read computer
screens, printouts and computer spreadsheet applications.
- This person will come in contact with lab hazards such as
hydraulic oil on a regular basis.
- Temperature and humidity of the work environment can vary
greatly from controlled office setting to outside at various times
of the year.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in
posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and
- Awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the safety
of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of
equipment/materials, and visitors is required. (HUSCO IS PROUD TO
BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: Husco International, Kenosha , Engineering Lab Technician, Healthcare , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!