CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA), BROOKSIDE
Company: Kenosha County
Posted on: September 9, 2018
At Brookside Care Center, a Kenosha County facility, employees are 100% responsible for our first-class reputation within the community. We strive for excellence in providing outstanding care and services to our guests. We choose quality employees who are willing to work as a team and are dedicated to our mission. Come join our team of caregivers at our newly constructed, state of the art, facility. In addition to 24 hour per day Registered Nursing staff, we have a full complement of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants who deliver the highest quality nursing care to each of our residents, encouraging them to reach their optimal state of health and wellbeing.
We offer skilled rehabilitation nursing services, assisting short-term clients to heal and return to their previous living settings as quickly as possible, as well as services geared towards those who require the assistance of a skilled facility on a long-term basis and those nearing the end of life. Our services include, but are not limited to, post-surgical care, IV infusion therapy, Respiratory services, Wound care (Directed by a Wound Certified Nurse), Peritoneal dialysis, Pain management, Restorative nursing, Dementia care, and Hospice care.
We are dedicated to the model of Person Directed Care and work closely with residents, families, and the rest of the interdisciplinary team, to formulate a plan of care designed around the resident's goals.
We promote continuing education for all of our nursing staff by offering online education as well as live in-house programs. We encourage our staff to remain current in the standards of nursing practice as well as working to improve their skills.
Brookside is also proud to contribute to the future of nursing by serving as a clinical practice site for Gateway Technical College's A.D.N. and C.N.A. programs, Herzing University's B.S.N. program, the Marquette M.S.N. program, and soon to be a clinical site for Carthage College. We are honored to help develop the nurses who will serve our community for years to come. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of routine duties relating to the personal care of residents.
- Bathes, shampoos, and dresses residents.
- Attends to other personal and grooming needs such as combing hair, brushing teeth, and reading mail.
- Takes temperatures and pulses.
- Cleans equipment, including wheelchairs and lifts.
- Reports any changes in residents' behavior or health.
- Assists in lifting, elevating, and positioning residents.
- Passes food trays.
- Encourages residents to feed themselves and assists when necessary.
- Assists residents to dining area and other activities.
- Walks and exercises residents as directed.
- Distributes residents' personal laundry.
- Makes room checks on night shifts, reporting any changes in conditions.
- Cleans up after resident accidents.
- Performs related work as required or assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Prior experience in a nursing home setting or hospital preferred but not required.
- Or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job. Licenses or Certifications
- Currently listed on the Wisconsin State C.N.A. Registry as eligible for state and federal facilities OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver's license COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and standards of nurse aide practices.
- Knowledge of health care, sanitation, hygiene, and medical treatment. Skill in:
- Communicating both verbally and in writing Ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality requirements.
- Work with physicians, nurses, attendants, residents, and the general public.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and assignments.
- Maintain effective communication and open, collaborative relationships with nursing, and other facility staff.
- Communicate effectively with residents, family members or responsible parties, physicians, and others as required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to lift 60 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds from waist to shoulder. SELECTION PROCESS:
- Application Review - Qualifying.
- Oral Interview - Qualifying.
- Background Check - Qualifying.
- Physical Examination/Drug Screen - Qualifying. If you require accommodations at any point in the selection process because of a disability, please notify Human Resources in advance for arrangements. WORK SCHEDULE:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Part-time, 8, 16, and 24 hour minimum postings; may work up to 40 hours per week.
- Evening and night shift.
- Must work alternating weekends and holidays. PAY RANGE:
- Minimum = $13.79 per hour
- Midpoint = $15.66 per hour
- Maximum = $17.52 per hour To learn more about the Brookside Care Center, please visit: Kenosha County is a Wisconsin Retirement System participating employer. Your participation is required, which includes an employee contribution. Thank you for your interest in employment with Kenosha County! Kenosha County is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Hourly $13.79 3506 Washington Rd, Kenosha, WI 53144, USA Apply Now See all jobs
Keywords: Kenosha County, Kenosha , CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA), BROOKSIDE, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!