REGISTERED NURSE (RN), BROOKSIDE
Company: Kenosha County
Posted on: September 9, 2018
At Brookside Care Center, a Kenosha County facility, employees are 100% responsible for our first-class reputation within the community. We strive for excellence in providing outstanding care and services to our guests. We choose quality employees who are willing to work as a team and are dedicated to our mission. Come join our team of caregivers at our newly constructed, state of the art, facility.
In addition to 24 hour per day Registered Nursing staff, we have a full complement of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants who deliver the highest quality nursing care to each of our residents, encouraging them to reach their optimal state of health and wellbeing.
We offer skilled rehabilitation nursing services, assisting short-term clients to heal and return to their previous living settings as quickly as possible, as well as services geared towards those who require the assistance of a skilled facility on a long-term basis and those nearing the end of life. Our services include, but are not limited to, post-surgical care, IV infusion therapy, Respiratory services, Wound care (Directed by a Wound Certified Nurse), Peritoneal dialysis, Pain management, Restorative nursing, Dementia care, and Hospice care.
We are dedicated to the model of Person Directed Care and work closely with residents, families, and the rest of the interdisciplinary team, to formulate a plan of care designed around the resident's goals.
We promote continuing education for all of our nursing staff by offering online education as well as live in-house programs. We encourage our staff to remain current in the standards of nursing practice as well as working to improve their skills.
Brookside is also proud to contribute to the future of nursing by serving as a clinical practice site for Gateway Technical College's A.D.N. and C.N.A. programs, Herzing University's B.S.N. program, the Marquette M.S.N. program, and soon to be a clinical site for Carthage College. We are honored to help develop the nurses who will serve our community for years to come.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers and records all medications and treatments provided to residents.
- Prepares, applies, and charts the administration of treatments and dressings as prescribed by physicians.
- Observes residents' symptoms.
- Takes and records temperatures, blood pressures, pulses, and respirations.
- Monitors residents' behavior and vital signs, and discusses progress with physicians.
- Maintains accurate records of narcotics, barbiturates, and tranquilizers kept in the unit.
- Explains to residents the therapies, medications, and treatments which are prescribed by physicians.
- Gives all types of oral, intramuscular, and intravenous injections as ordered.
- Keeps residents comfortable and encourages healthful mental attitudes.
- Plans and supervises the work of nursing personnel on the shift. Keeps abreast of current developments in the nursing field by professional reading and attendance at in-service training sessions.
- Prepares required records, reports, and statistics.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prior experience in a nursing home or hospital preferred but not required.
- Or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job.
Licenses or Certifications
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver's license
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and standards of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of restorative nursing care.
- Knowledge of gerontological nursing.
- Knowledge of modern sterilization, diagnostic, and other medical and laboratory procedures and of bedside nursing methods.
Communicating both verbally and in writing
Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Maintain confidentiality requirements.
Work with physicians, nurses, attendants, residents, and the general public.
Give suitable instructions and assignments to nursing staff.
Maintain effective communication and open, collaborative relationships with nursing and other facility staff.
Communicate effectively with residents, family members or responsible parties, physicians, and others as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to lift 30 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds from waist to shoulder.
- Application Review - Qualifying.
- Oral Interview - Qualifying.
- Background Check - Qualifying.
- Physical Examination/Drug Screen - Qualifying.
If you require accommodations at any point in the selection process because of a disability, please notify Human Resources in advance for arrangements.
- Current opening is full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Part-time, 16 and 24 hour minimum postings; may work up to 40 hours per week.
- Evening and night shift.
- Must work alternating weekends and holidays.
- Minimum = $29.91 per hour
- Midpoint = $33.95 per hour
- Maximum = $37.99 per hour
- Starting pay commensurate with experience.
To learn more about the Brookside Care Center, please visit:
Kenosha County is a Wisconsin Retirement System participating employer. Your participation is required, which includes an employee contribution.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Kenosha County!
Kenosha County is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
3506 Washington Rd, Kenosha, WI 53144, USA
See all jobs
Keywords: Kenosha County, Kenosha , REGISTERED NURSE (RN), BROOKSIDE, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!