Company: Professional Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Professional Services Group, Inc.Description:
PSG strives to provide quality services to clients who aren't
always able to access them. We are trauma-informed and approach all
clients, employees, stakeholders, etc. through this lens. We strive
to create and maintain a supportive culture while going above and
beyond for our clients. Come join our team!We are looking for a
part-time, possibly leading to full-time, Occupational Therapist.
This position provides assessment and therapy for children with
severe emotional disturbances and mental health difficulties. Our
ideal candidate would have experience working with sensory
integration problems as the result of complex trauma, along with
other proprioceptive and daily living challenges. If the candidate
does not have this experience, they must be willing to attend
various trainings and continuing education opportunities to become
more familiar in these areas.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Completing developmental screenings and evaluation for clients,
primarily related to sensory processing and other trauma-related
- Establishing a plan of care and implementing individual
treatment based on evaluation results, functional goals and by
utilizing appropriate techniques.
- Collaborating with members of the client's treatment team,
including individual therapist, skills worker, and case
- Maintaining accurate documentation
- Providing supervision for OT students in a master's
- Cleaning up after patient treatment, putting away equipment,
and keeping area neat and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Proof of completion of required externship hours
- State LicenseExperience:
- Experience working with sensory integration problems as the
result of complex trauma, along with other proprioceptive and daily
living challenges is preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, speak and write clearly in English.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in
establishing work schedule.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with the
Department of Human Services.
- Must establish and maintain productive and professional
relationships with clients, colleagues, the school district, and
other community agencies.
- Must maintain client confidentiality and follow HIPAA
- Ability to prioritize and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide culturally, ethnically and gender sensitive
- Ability to follow directions and implement
- Possess creativity in identifying problems and solutions.
- Ability to self motivate and remain on task.
- Knowledge and compliance with policies and procedures as
detailed in the personnel policy and procedure manual.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and obey all traffic
laws. Must have reliable transportation on a daily basis, a valid
driver's license and automobile insurance. Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Keywords: Professional Services Group, Inc., Kenosha , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!