Nursing Assistant / Telemetry Tech (CNA) - Kenosha
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Provides basic patient care in the clinical setting under the
daily direction and supervision of the registered nurse (RN), which
includes telemetry monitoring. Performs delegated tasks in the
patient care setting that support the environment of patient
- Assists the RN with the daily care of patients including
bathing, oral hygiene, repositioning, ambulation and feeding.
- Measures and documents blood pressures, TPRs (temperature,
pulse, respiration), I & O (intake and output), daily weights and
other patient data as requested.
- Ensures patient call light is in reach of patients at all
times; answers call-light promptly.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum specimens as requested.
- Prepares patient rooms for admission/discharge and assists with
the patient admission/discharge process. Maintains and orders stock
for nursing area, cleans equipment and work area.
- Responsible for maintaining constant surveillance on the
telemetry monitors and promptly notifying the registered nurse with
any changes in the patients heart rhythm or interruption in the
- Runs telemetry strips for the registered nurse based on policy
and procedure and records patient's heart rhythm hourly and as
- Provides daily inventory to maintain the correct number of
transmitters and lead wires.
- Handles confidential information on a regular basis, usually of
a medical nature (diagnosis, etc.).
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties,
which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper
technique and assistive devices.
- 3 12-hour shifts per week with weekend and holiday
- Nursing assistant hours are 0630-1900, tele tech hours are
0700-0730.Licenses & CertificationsNurse Aide in good standing as
indicated with the State Registry in which the team member
practices..DegreesAdvanced training beyond High School that
includes the completion of an accredited or approved program in
Nursing Assistant.Required Functional ExperienceNo experience
requiredKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesSuccessful completion of
telemetry education and competency completion within 6 - 12 weeks
of hire. Must maintain competency thereafter.Excellent written and
oral communications.Excellent organizational skills and ability to
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Kenosha , Nursing Assistant / Telemetry Tech (CNA) - Kenosha, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!