Company: Ethos Veterinary Health
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Hospital Manager will have the opportunity to put her/his
outstanding leadership skills to great use overseeing an emergency
and specialty veterinary hospital. This position offers the chance
to make an immediate and lasting impact on staff, clients, and
patients while at the same time being part of our national network
of veterinary hospitals across the country.
The responsibilities of the Hospital Manager include:
People Management/Employee Life Cycle
- Develop and build hospital teams. Encourage and build mutual
trust, respect and cooperation among team members incorporating the
company's vision, mission and core values.
- Serve as leader and coach for staff with a strong focus on the
development of the core leadership team (supervisors) within the
- Set production and performance standards and follow-up through
monitoring, assessing, reviewing and evaluating employee
performance (non-clinical performance) based on established
standards. Recommend promotions, awards or corrective actions as
- In collaboration with the Medical Director, schedule and
participate in timely doctor performance reviews.
- Ensure appropriate training for all department(s) staff
including an exceptional understanding and delivery of customer
service and hospitality.
- Initiate recruitment with Human Resources of approved
requisitions and oversee recruitment, interview and hiring for open
staff positions and doctors (in collaboration with the Medical
Business Operations/ Strategy/Compliance
- Accountable for the daily operations of the hospital in support
of policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Facilitate and ensure proper communication and information flow
with national teams, hospital departments and shifts.
- Engage in real-time resource allocation to develop staff
schedules (clinical and non-clinical) to assure maximum
productivity and service while managing labor against budget.
- Work with national and regional leadership to develop and
implement a strategic plan for the hospital.
- Work in collaboration with the hospital Medical Director to
ensure effective deployment of medical services.
- Ensure compliance and accountability for all standard hospital
operating procedures as well as full compliance with local, state,
and federal regulations and all applicable laws governing
veterinary business operations.
- Responsible for profit and loss (P&L) management of the
local hospital with direct influence on how resources are
- Evaluate financial and benchmarking information/measurements to
ensure best management of the business and achievement of business
- Participate in the budget process and manage hospital
- Accountable for client and referring veterinarian
- Regularly assess the efficient and effective flow of clients
and pets through/in the hospital while also ensuring proper care
from arrival through discharge and follow-up.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
Candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and significant leadership
experience. Veterinary industry experience is not required, but a
comfort level working within a clinical setting will be necessary.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, the
ability to develop employees, be a problem solver, outstanding
communicator, and have the ability to maintain a positive working
atmosphere that supports an exceptional client experience. Previous
experience in hands-on hospital administration or retail experience
may help a candidate to be successful in this role.
Benefits of Working at Ethos: Full-time Benefits are: Comprehensive
Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending
Plans, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing
Education Benefits and Paid Vacation.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence,
merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health, Kenosha , Hospital Manager, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!