CERTIFIED NURSING ASST (CNA), BROOKSIDE
Company: County of Kenosha
Posted on: January 8, 2021
CERTIFIED NURSING ASST (CNA), BROOKSIDE3506 Washington Rd,
Kenosha, WI 53144, USA Req #359 Saturday, November 28, 2020Thank
you for your interest in employment with Kenosha County!At
Brookside Care Center, a Kenosha County facility, employees are
100% responsible for our first-class reputation within the
community. We strive for excellence in providing outstanding care
and services to our guests. We choose quality employees who are
willing to work as a team and are dedicated to our mission. Come
join our team of caregivers at our newly constructed, state of the
art, facility.In addition to 24 hour per day Registered Nursing
staff, we have a full complement of Licensed Practical Nurses and
Certified Nursing Assistants who deliver the highest quality
nursing care to each of our residents, encouraging them to reach
their optimal state of health and wellbeing.We offer skilled
rehabilitation nursing services, assisting short-term clients to
heal and return to their previous living settings as quickly as
possible, as well as services geared towards those who require the
assistance of a skilled facility on a long-term basis and those
nearing the end of life. Our services include, but are not limited
to, post-surgical care, IV infusion therapy, Respiratory services,
Wound care (Directed by a Wound Certified Nurse), Peritoneal
dialysis, Pain management, Restorative nursing, Dementia care, and
Hospice care.We are dedicated to the model of Person Directed Care
and work closely with residents, families, and the rest of the
interdisciplinary team, to formulate a plan of care designed around
the resident's goals.We promote continuing education for all of our
nursing staff by offering online education as well as live in-house
programs. We encourage our staff to remain current in the standards
of nursing practice as well as working to improve their
skills.Brookside is also proud to contribute to the future of
nursing by serving as a clinical practice site for Gateway
Technical College's A.D.N. and C.N.A. programs, Herzing
University's B.S.N. program, the Marquette M.S.N. program, and soon
to be a clinical site for Carthage College. We are honored to help
develop the nurses who will serve our community for years to
come.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of routine duties relating to the personal
care of residents.
- Bathes, shampoos, and dresses residents.
- Attends to other personal and grooming needs such as combing
hair, brushing teeth, and reading mail.
- Takes temperatures and pulses.
- Cleans equipment, including wheelchairs and lifts.
- Reports any changes in residents' behavior or health.
- Assists in lifting, elevating, and positioning residents.
- Passes food trays.
- Encourages residents to feed themselves and assists when
- Assists residents to dining area and other activities.
- Walks and exercises residents as directed.
- Distributes residents' personal laundry.
- Makes room checks on night shifts, reporting any changes in
- Cleans up after resident accidents.
- Performs related work as required or
assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Prior experience in a nursing home setting or hospital
preferred but not required.
- Or any combination of education, training and experience which
provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform
the job.Licenses or Certifications
- Currently listed on the Wisconsin State C.N.A. Registry as
eligible for state and federal facilitiesOTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver's licenseCOMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE
OF JOB DUTIESKnowledge of:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and standards of nurse
- Knowledge of health care, sanitation, hygiene, and medical
- Communicating both verbally and in writingAbility to:
- Maintain confidentiality requirements.
- Work with physicians, nurses, attendants, residents, and the
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and
- Maintain effective communication and open, collaborative
relationships with nursing, and other facility staff.
- Communicate effectively with residents, family members or
responsible parties, physicians, and others as required.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This job is placed at a medium physical demand
- Lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds from waist to
- Carry 50 pounds for up to 20 feet.
- Push/pull 60 horizontal force pounds for 10 feet.SELECTION
- Application Review - Qualifying.
- Oral Interview - Qualifying.
- Background Check - Qualifying.
- Physical Examination/Drug Screen - Qualifying.If you require
accommodations at any point in the selection process because of a
disability, please notify Human Resources in advance for
- Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Part-time, 8, 16, and 24 hour minimum postings; may work up to
40 hours per week.
- Must work alternating weekends and holidays.PAY RANGE:
- Minimum = $14.07 per hour
- Midpoint = $15.97 per hour
- Maximum = $17.87 per hourClick here to learn about employment
benefits offered by Kenosha County.To learn more about the
Brookside Care Center, please
County is a Wisconsin Retirement System participating employer.
Your participation is required, which includes an employee
contribution.Thank you for your interest in employment with Kenosha
County!Kenosha County is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.07
Keywords: County of Kenosha, Kenosha , CERTIFIED NURSING ASST (CNA), BROOKSIDE, Healthcare , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!