COOK PART-TIME, SHERIFF'S DEPT
Company: Kenosha County
Posted on: September 9, 2018
PART-TIME COOK, SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department is seeking a part-time cook. This position is responsible for day-to-day food preparation and food transportation activities relating to providing meal service to the Kenosha County inmate population. Candidates must have proper food preparation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prepare meals on a large scale basis. Tasks are performed under the direction of the Chief Cook.
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- The position is part-time, 24 hours per week.
- May be required to work additional hours when needed.
- May work any day and any shift between 5:00 AM and 6:30 PM, as scheduled.
- Work may be performed at the Public Safety Building, Kenosha County Detention Center, or other locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Washes, peels, and slices fruits and vegetables; prepares and cooks meats; prepares soups and salads; bakes breads and other bakery items.
- Estimates quantities of food and supplies needed to meet menu requirements.
- Portions food in compliance with nutritional standards.
- Sets up food on steam tables and serves food to inmates or sets up tray for service to inmates.
- Determines utilization of leftovers.
- Controls and accounts for the use of food and supplies.
- Puts away and rotates stock.
- Maintains kitchen, refrigerators, equipment, and utensils in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Moves food pans, trays, carts, and supplies.
- Washes and dries dishes, pots and pans, serving trays, utensils, etc.
- Follows department procedures regarding kitchen safety and security.
- Supervises and trains inmate workers performing food service functions.
- Drives food service delivery truck.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous work related experience in preparing food on a large scale basis.
Other Job Requirements
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Background free of felony convictions
Competencies for Successful Performance of Job Duties
- Methods, principles, and equipment used in quantity food production.
- Sanitation regulations relating to the handling and preparation of food.
- Basic computer operations, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and internet navigation.
- Preparing special diets, nutritional menus, and attractive and palatable food.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Follow oral and written instructions, procedures, recipes, and menus.
- Train and supervise inmates in the preparation and serving of food and in other food service functions.
- Comply with safety and security regulations in a detention facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position involves moderate physical demands, such as frequently lifting 50 pounds of weight.
- Required to stand up to 8 working hours per day.
- Application Review - Qualifying.
- Background Investigation - Qualifying.
- Oral Interview - Qualifying.
- Physical Examination/Drug Screen - Qualifying.
If you require accommodations at any point in the selection process because of a disability, please notify Human Resources in advance for arrangements.
This recruitment may establish an eligibility list which will be used to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill any other openings in this classification which occur in the next six months.
- Benefits and premium contributions are pro-rated accordingly for part-time employees.
- Click here for information about benefits.
- Kenosha County is a Wisconsin Retirement System participating employer. Your participation is required, which includes an employee contribution.
This posting will remain open until a candidate is selected for the position. It is subject to close at any time without notice.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Kenosha County!
We hope you choose us as your next employer.
Kenosha County is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
1000 55th St, Kenosha, WI 53140, USA
See all jobs
Keywords: Kenosha County, Kenosha , COOK PART-TIME, SHERIFF'S DEPT, Government & Protective Services , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!