Grocery Assistant Department Manager PM
Company: Festival Foods
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job SummaryJob Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-Grocery Assistant Department Manager- PMFSLA Status: - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - HourlyReports To: - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Grocery Department Manager - - - - - - - - - - - The Grocery
Assistant Department Manager- PM is responsible for leading Grocery
associates, showcasing Festivals center store products and ensuring
department goals and objectives are being obtained.Job Description
-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enthusiastically leads, supports, teaches, and reinforces
Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to
all Grocery associates.
- Collaborates with the Grocery Department Manager on maintaining
adequate staffing levels; assists with interviewing and extending
- Ensures thorough and consistent training for all new and
current Grocery Department associates.
- Assists with weekly work schedule approvals for department
- Collaborates with all Grocery Department leaders on the writing
and delivering of associate performance reviews.
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures and
collaborates with Human Resources Manager and Grocery Department
Manager to conduct appropriate corrective action, up to and
- Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively
assisting with all aspects of the Grocery Department operations, to
include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing,
stock levels, merchandising, and guest service.
- Implements and maintains new store or department standards and
- Partners with leadership to conduct Huddle Ups for all Grocery
associates to communicate department or company news, changes and
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to
correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate
pricing on products received and sold.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Grocery Department
Manager, Store Director, Grocery Director, Grocery Sr. Director and
other Department Managers to maintain standards and exceed guest
- Fulfills special orders, or delegates to appropriate associate
for task execution.
- Ensures correct signage is represented throughout the
- Provides exceptional guest service and lives Boomerang
Principal while leading by example.
- Assists guest with finding items they are looking for on
service counter and sales floor.
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is
not satisfied with the service or product received.
- Assists all Grocery Department associates with daily
responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking
up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity
expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work
schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional
- Other duties as assigned. -QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
job duty satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education
- 2+ years of leadership experience (manager or lead) - retail or
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, knowledge of
non-perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and
must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to
communicate effectively to a diverse crew in a fast-paced
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to
recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises.
Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following
equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, proper lifting
techniques, proper scanning techniques, hand truck, trash
compactor. -PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical
demands and work environment described below are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for
long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel
regularly. - Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and
eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment. -
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in
order to lift stock. - Requires the ability to perform repetitive
tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually
monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate
- The position requires the associate to lift up 50-60 pounds on
an occasional basis. -WORK SCHEDULEThe Grocery Assistant Department
Manager-PM is a full-time, hourly position. - The work schedule may
include afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. - -At
Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled,
experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety
of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes
that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our
community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to
recruit, develop and retain the most talented people. -
Keywords: Festival Foods, Kenosha , Grocery Assistant Department Manager PM, Executive , Salem, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!