Assistant Store Manager
Company: Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Me
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for overseeing all sales
floor, production, and donation operations. Drives process in their
area of responsibility, and has the opportunity to oversee all
store operations including contributing to and communicating plans
to drive sales, production and service as needed.
Implements organization's goals, may provide input into strategic
goals for Retail stores operations. Conducts research, evaluates
data, and reports on findings, supporting the development and
implementation of policies, procedures, and programs. Has
familiarity with the Retail stores operations budget, may provide
input into spending decisions, particularly as pertains to vendors,
systems, and projects. Typically works on projects and initiatives
that span 12 months - 2 years.
1. Leading and Developing Talent: May partner with coworkers to
advance their development.
2. Project and Change Management: May serve as a team member, or
subject matter expert, for formal or department projects.
Contributes ideas and helps develop solutions, while balancing
demands of project work and routine job responsibilities. Engages
effectively in change affecting her/him, communicating
appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill
building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
3. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently.
Periodic review of work by manager or direct customer. Researches,
analyzes, and evaluates situations and reports on findings. Solves
4. Technical Skill: Advanced knowledge of professional principles
and skills. Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and
procedures of particular field of specialization.
5. Community Engagement: Champions Goodwill's community engagement
initiatives. Aware of Goodwill's community partner organizational
and participates in volunteer opportunities as pertains to role and
interest. Participates in industry/knowledge groups.
6. Oversees product rotation to ensure a continuous flow of new
7. Implement accurate operating procedures to attain maximum
productivity and quality standards.
8. Supports the oversight of associates and non-exempt leadership
providing adequate donation and/or POS coverage. Maintain customer
service levels, donation coverage, sufficient flow of new quality
product and store environment standards.
9. Focus on individual and store production goals while maximizing
the value of all donations to achieve budgeted sales and
10. Responsible for customer serviceexperience, donor service,
staff productivity, troubleshooting and proper cash controls with
the flexibility to also monitor the production and donation
operation as needed. Monitor the sales floor as needed.
11. Accurately calculate figures of manual discounts, percentages
12. Accurately enter report data on time and monitor team's
accuracy of data entry and timeliness, coaching if necessary.
13. Analyze report data and other documentation with the ability to
share insight and submit action plans to leadership.
14. Consistently communicate and implement policies and procedures
following up with any concerns from team.
15. Assure facility operates within safety standards.
16. Can easily ascertain employee strengths and delegate
challenging work assignments to increase employee satisfaction and
17. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as
1. Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a
minimum of 5 years' experience.
2. Forklift certification, if required at site.
3. Work varied schedule and flexible hours; a minimum of two
closing shifts per week and every other weekend as scheduled.
Additional nights and weekend shifts may be required to meet
4. Must have working phone that allows for communication
Experience in retail and/or production setting.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer
needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service.
Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to
ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet
their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and
talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who
have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with
sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations,
and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with
others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional
communication through reports, documentation, written and other
communications. Listens with interest to what others have to
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses
to different situations through adapting to the changing needs,
conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an
approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues
that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve
meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion
and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing
determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for
successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of
performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on
Regularly lifts and/or moves up 10 pounds, frequently lifts and/or
moves up to 20 pounds, occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50
pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Lift: Raises objects from
lower to higher position or moves objects horizontally. Stoop,
kneel crouch or crawl: Positions self to retrieve objects. Reach:
Extending upwards or downwards to retrieve objects. Worker is
subject to weather conditions (hot, humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker
is subject to human blood, body fluids or tissue. Worker is subject
to hazards: proximity to dangerous machinery, moving vehicles,
electrical currents, chemicals, or high places. Required to stand
for long periods of time, Required to hear and respond to warning
devices on equipment, vision Required for while using computer
keyboard and work with written and electronic information and to
assess store and donation center operations, travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Kenosha, WI 53142: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Supervising: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin & Me, Kenosha , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!