Parkside Academic Resource Center (PARC) Manager - Diverse Candidates Encouraged
Company: University of Wisconsin - Parkside
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Code: 18655 Posted: 08/02/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning
community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student
success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13
four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System,
Parkside provides an educational value to our students that's
unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an
investment in one's future, and we believe the cost of an education
should not prevent any student from achieving his or her
educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The
campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two
miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer
competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive
work environment. Parkside is a community that's easy to call home.
Find out why.
Position Title: Student Affairs Program Specialist (Parkside
Academic Resource Center (PARC) Manager)
Employment Type: Full time, Academic Staff, Salaried
Reports To: The PARC Manager will report to the Director of
Academic Support and Success Coaching
Pay Range: $43,000 - $50,000
The Parkside Academic Resource Center (PARC) Manager is responsible
for the day to day operations of the PARC including peer tutoring,
Supplemental Instruction and peer academic success coaching. The
Manager will work in collaboration with faculty and other offices
across campus to develop, implement, and facilitate initiatives
related to the University's persistence and completion efforts. The
standard work hours for the PARC Manager position may include
evening and occasional weekend hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations of the PARC.
- Collaborate and seek input from faculty regarding tutoring and
Supplemental Instruction needs, and obtain recommendations for
student tutors and SI Leaders.
- Participate in New Student Orientations, Parkside Preview Days,
and other campus events.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise approximately 40
PARC student staff.
- Assist in designing and conducting training of student staff
both prior to the start of the semester as well as throughout the
- Monitor and assess weekly utilization reports using appropriate
technology such as EAB Navigate.
- Coordinate updates to webpages.
- Provide timely and accurate information and interprets
University policies and procedures.
- Create communication tools, videos, and items to promote
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Advising to develop a
pathway for success program for students in academic
- Create annual and program reports as needed.
- Serve as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders to
maintain campus partnerships; serve on committees as needed
- Maintains confidentiality and accurate student records and
processes and respond to academic inquiries according to establish
institutional and FERPA policies
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
of higher education (Master's preferred).
- At least 1-3 years of experience in tutoring, advising, success
coaching, or similar role (Higher education setting preferred; can
include graduate work). The ideal candidate will possess evidence
of supervisory or assistant-supervisory experience.University of
Wisconsin - Parkside Associated topics: accountant, accountant iv,
analyst i, analyst iii, client, coordinator, information analyst,
information technology support, information technology systems
Keywords: University of Wisconsin - Parkside, Kenosha , Parkside Academic Resource Center (PARC) Manager - Diverse Candidates Encouraged, Executive , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!