Planning and Materials Manager
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of
the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a
unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and
chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality. Founded in
Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 9000
employees in over 70 countries. Our passion for innovation,
pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global
ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is
what makes working at Puratos so magical.
The Planning & Materials Manager is a member of the facility
leadership team with functional responsibility for capacity
planning, materials management/flow, and production scheduling
1. Responsible to continuously optimize the supply chain materials
functions including demand planning, production planning, and
2. Ensure efficient work center loads, lead times and material
availability to meet customer order requirements.
3. Key leader in the collaborative relationship between
engineering, production, purchasing and quality assurance to ensure
a quality process and product is delivered on time and in full
meeting customer expectations.
4. Implement best practices in ERP planning and logistics processes
leveraging related systems for planning, MRP, production, and raw
material inventory management. Must be a driver of lean
manufacturing and a lean culture.
5. Must have SAP knowledge and experience using the system in
6. Timely management of delivery schedule plan, with an eye toward
continuous improvement in existing practices, including development
and implementation of effective corrective actions when supply
chain, materials, production planning, and warehousing issues are
7. Review and suggest corrections of bill of material and routing
errors, nomenclature errors, and other scheduling-related
8. Monthly reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as
outlined by the plant leadership team.
9. Set goals, coach and hold accountable direct reports to
benchmark and implement supply chain, material and production
planning best practices to promote continuous improvement.
10. Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production
11. Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor
required for production.
12. Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize
delays in production.
13. Coordinating production operations in accordance with material,
labor, and equipment availability.
14. Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as
well as improve production processes and product quality.
15. Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that
production deadlines are met.
16. Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to
management in a timely manner.
17. Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to
current production schedules.
18. Create and maintain schedules.
19. Use workers and resources in the most effective manner.
20. Provide quick responses to production issues.
21. Identify problems and help improve processes.
22. Use software to generate reports and schedules.
Minimum - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Years Of Experience
Minimum - 3 Years in planning role
1. Proficient SAP experience is a critical MUST
2. Preferred CSCP, CPIM certification
3. Production experience preferably in FDA regulated industries
4. Experience in supply chain system for raw materials
5. Experience in purchasing is a plus
6. Experience with power BI systems is a plus.
7. Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills a plus
Keywords: Puratos, Kenosha , Planning and Materials Manager, Executive , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!