Company: Vogrinc & Short Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Exciting Quality Manager opportunity for a Quality Engineer with
automotive industry experience who is ready to step into a hands-on
management role that leads a direct staff of four in an industry
leading T1 supplier.
This person supervises all quality related systems and procedures,
assurance, and control, and provides strategic input to operations.
In addition, this highly visible role interfaces regularly with
customers and suppliers regarding all quality-related issues.
Qualified candidates will possess broad knowledge of current
quality techniques and systems and experience in the OEM or T1
automotive manufacturing sector and be familiar with ISO/TS/IATF
standards. The organization has an outstanding culture and market
- Manage relationships and communication with customers and
suppliers regarding quality issues for new and current
- Participate in prototype feasibility reviews, production design
reviews, customer product reviews, and PPAP efforts with
Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering,
customer product engineers, and production groups. Sample
submission/PPAP packages and approval for new products and
- Capability Studies and statistical analyses of critical process
parameters and dimensional characteristics.
- Instruct, train, and coach team members in reporting procedures
to optimize uniform quality processes. Provide direction and
training to all manufacturing and quality related teams and
- Spearhead problem-solving teams utilizing root-cause analysis
- Lead teams in the development and creation of APQP documents,
process flow diagrams, PFMEAs, and control plans for new products,
and maintain these documents through the lives of the
- Oversee supplier quality and perform audits of suppliers as
needed. Partner with Supply Chain on corrective actions and
- 4-year degree in engineering or industrial discipline required.
ASQ certification preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience working in an ISO/TS/IATF
certified automotive manufacturing (OE or Tier 1) environment
- Solid understanding of quality concepts in a Lean Manufacturing
environment. Green Belt/Black Belt a plus.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
(GD&T). Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience with Failure Mode Avoidance tools such as PFMEAs,
paynter charts, and related tools; PPAP process; excellent problem
solving and analytical skills and experience with the 8D and A3
problem solving processes and report writing required.
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment and
adjust to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced Excel skills, and experience
with PC-DMIS, CMM/Layout activities and CMM programming required.
Minitab and SQL databases a plus. Able to learn new software and
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Able to travel -10%by Jobble
Keywords: Vogrinc & Short Inc., Kenosha , Quality Manager, Executive , Antioch, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!