Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Maintenance Managers are responsible for the overall plant
maintenance and coordination of activities with other departments
in a manner which results in the production of quality product at a
cost and schedule consistent with company policies, customer
service and plant objectives.Responsibilities:The primary duties of
a Maintenance Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Participates in plant staff, shift and safety meetings, and
conducts regular departmental meetings and departmental training
based on needs assessment.
- Participates in plant operational planning meetings.
- Develop new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing
efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Maintains direct contact with the Engineering department on the
latest improvements to plant machinery and systems to more
effectively increase manufacturing performance and reduce operating
- Investigates and diagnoses causes of breakdowns and develop
programs and solutions to reduce/eliminate future occurrences.
- Determines and controls maintenance budget to ensure efficient
use of funds and reduce/eliminate repetitive purchases by
identifying and eliminating root causes.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of
shift personnel to attain department goals.
- Meets with vendors and plant visitors.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other
- 0-25% travel may be required.Qualifications:A Bachelor's Degree
and/or related maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of
education and related maintenance experience is required. A minimum
of five years' experience in a maintenance supervisory or
management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated
leadership skills strongly preferred.Maintenance Managers are
required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and
customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are
also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.#LI-LAEEO Disclaimer: Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Kenosha , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Sturtevant, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!