Louis Perry Group - Mechanical Engineering Manager
Company: CDM Smith
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Louis Perry Group - Mechanical Engineering Manager 27075BR Why
Louis Perry? Louis Perry & Associates:
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and
passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a
rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering
and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates
also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and
seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive
corporate environment, we're committed to providing the best for
our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general
construction and construction management firm and a specialized
equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have
built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of
construction and equipment projects.
-- Job Description The Mechanical Engineering Manager is
responsible for the supervision, departmental staffing, planning
for and organizing of Engineering Department personnel.
Responsibilities also include the application of Engineering
principles through participation in the collection and analysis of
data and the initial preparation of satisfactory designs and
technical reports. The Mechanical Engineering Manager must become
familiar with the technical staff, methods, practices and
procedures of the company.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanical Engineering Manager is
to ensure the Department operates in such a way as to meet its
responsibilities to the customers, the company, and the employees.
In addition, the Mechanical Engineering Manager should develop ways
of improving the Department's and the Company's strategies and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing accurate, on schedule engineering and design
- Cooperating with parallel activities within the firm including
the other Engineering disciplines and office administrative
- Developing technical solutions of assigned projects; including
field observations and evaluations, research and collection of data
to be utilized in developing technical solutions.
- Completing assignments within the time frame allocated without
sacrificing the integrity of the end results.
- Ensuring all departmental work is completed with accuracy and
- Mentoring and responding to technical questions by Engineering
Supervisors, Drafters, Designers, and Engineering Staff to assist
in their professional development.
- Applying standard practices and techniques in specific
situations relevant to tasks.
- Successfully applying all capabilities in order to develop
- Obtaining information from historical records, previous
projects, etc. to be utilized in analysis of specific project
- Preparing departmental task hour estimates for projects.
- Coordinating the drafting efforts or subconsultant efforts
required on a project. (Subject to President review.)
- Checking design calculations performed by Engineering
- Making promotion or hiring recommendations to the
- Reviewing salaries for consistency and for contractual
- Identifying routine and special facilities needed by the
- Conducting special projects as assigned.
- Approving all aspects of technical approach. Minimum
Qualifications - Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical
- fifteen (15) years' relevant professional experience in the
- Registered Professional Engineer Preferred Qualifications -
experience within the areas of consulting engineering services
(i.e., HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Process Piping, Material
Handling), design-build, and/or integration of engineered
- experience in heavy industrial, chemical, oil/gas,
rubber/plastics markets Assignment Category Amount of Travel
Required 20% EEO Statement The Louis Perry Group is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
-- No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for
Keywords: CDM Smith, Kenosha , Louis Perry Group - Mechanical Engineering Manager, Executive , Wadsworth, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!