Director of Teaching and Learning
Company: Zion Elementary School District 6
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- Director of Teaching and Learning JobID: 2983
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Job Description -Director of Teaching & Learning Area: Curriculum &
Instruction Reports to: Superintendent
Grade Level: Pre-K - 8 Classification: Exempt, 12 months
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Director of
Curriculum & Instruction shall assume responsibility for the
planning, development, coordination, and management of all general
education programs, services, budgets and personnel and shall
ensure compliance with state and federal regulations governing the
delivery of instruction to students; also serve as liaison with
appropriate public and private agencies.
Skills and Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required:
- Ability to evaluate contracts and develop recommendations for
- Ability to write and maintain federal grants
- Ability to write routine correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively with vendors and staff.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work with all items in great detail and a high
degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to develop team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a highly
transactional, fast paced environment.
- Has excellent integrity and demonstrates good moral character
- Proven ability to communicate and work with people in a
- Embraces and encourages the acceptance of diversity
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with
parents, colleagues, administration and all other members of the
- Ability to use web-based programs, e-mail, and technology
(laptop, Smartboard, etc.) effectively.
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL), with General
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL), with
Self-Contained General Ed endorsement
- Master's Degree in area relevant to departmental
- Completion of Teachscape Modules for teacher evaluation
- Significant understanding of all aspects of instruction,
curriculum, assessment, RtI and differentiation
- Prior experience in developing and implementing professional
development that addresses the needs of staff EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of national, state and local educational goals and
- Knowledge of learning theory, program planning, curriculum
development, and management of instructional programs.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements in area of
- Ability to interpret and implement laws, rules, and
- Ability to supervise people. Ability to plan and present
information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to facilitate various size groups using facilitative
- Skills in written and oral communication, planning, and
- Knowledge of current educational trends, methods, research, and
- In-depth knowledge of assigned curriculum, program, or service
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data. Ability to work
collaboratively with others. GENERAL DUTIES AND
- Facilitate the district curriculum, instruction and school
improvement efforts, planning and implementation of staff
- Collaborate with others for Educational Programs and
Assessments in the--development, implementation and articulation of
the curriculum and instructional programs
- Coordinate District staff development program and activities:
- Chair District Professional Development Committee
- Collaborate on school staff development budgets
- Develop District Staff Development Calendar
- Coordinate and monitor the new teacher induction program
- Chair induction process committee
- Organize new teacher induction week
- Organize and monitor new teacher mentoring program
- Coordinate with Cabinet Members the allocation and assignment
of K-8 general education and fine arts teachers (music, art,
- Management of supplemental programming for students
- Grant writing and grant management
- Assessment and data management
- State and federal reporting
- Maintain a close working relationship with school-based and
District-level administrators to ensure information exchange,
coordination of efforts, and general support for the
- Work closely with school-based administrators to support school
improvement--initiatives and processes.
- Maintain communication with other agencies and school districts
to share and receive information on effective programs and
- Report on the status of curriculum and instructional programs
and services, including assessment and evaluation information, at
the request of the Superintendent.
- Use a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure
the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and
- Initiate the development of programmatic goals and
instructional objectives on a District wide basis within the scope
of School Board policy, administrative direction, assessed student
needs, and operational constraints.
- Assist in organizational analysis and development.
- Assist in the development of policies and administrative
guidelines for curriculum and instructional services.
- Assist in the preparation of the School Board meeting
- Establish a systemic approach to curriculum and instructional
planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist the Superintendent in District-wide planning to link the
curriculum and instructional program and the use of financial and
human resources to the District's goals and objectives.
- Use technology effectively.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and direction for the overall
activities of planning all District instructional and non
-instructional support programs.
- Provide leadership for school improvement.
- Exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and
mission of the District. Facilitation--
- Provide oversight and direction for cooperation planning with
- Provide leadership for the articulation among all instructional
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide
individuals and groups toward task accomplishment.
- Provide leadership for a collaborative team to ensure that
curriculum and instructional initiatives are student focused and
aligned with the District's mission and beliefs and school goals
and improvement plans. Continuous Improvement
- Set high standards of performance for self and others.
- Keep well informed about current trends in curriculum and best
- Attend meetings and conferences which promote professional
growth and will benefit the District.
- Promote and support professional development for self and
others. Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Direct the overall development, coordination, implementation
and evaluation of all District curriculum and instructional support
- Direct and supervise the development and implementation of
District performance standards.
- Oversee the summer school program.
- Provide leadership in identifying and acquiring appropriate
teaching materials, textbooks, and equipment.
- Assist with the development of educational specifications and
- Oversee the grant proposal development process.
- Assist in interpreting programs, policies, and philosophy of
the District to staff, students, and community.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, and placement of
instructional and administrative personnel.
- Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance
appraisals, and make recommendations for appropriate employment
- Assist in development of the instructional allocation
- Assist in the preparation for collective bargaining
negotiations. Constancy of Purpose
- Maintain good public relations with parents, business, and
community groups to provide information and receive feedback.
- Serve as liaison between the State Board of Education and the
instructional staff of the District in communicating and planning
program requirements of state statutes, and mandated federal
- Exhibit confidence and commitment to the vision and mission of
- Serve on the Superintendent's Leadership Team.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and
objectives of this position. Managerial--
- Monitor all curriculum and instructional services.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required
- Assist in the development of the District budget and manage the
Curriculum and Instructional Services budget.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the District's staff
development program. Decisiveness
- Provide for the design of professional development assistance
plans for Curriculum and Instructional Services staff as necessary
- Make and share decisions in a timely manner.
- Respond quickly to school needs and concerns.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations.
- Provide relevant information and data to others in a timely
manner. Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary by the
Sitting, standing, lifting, and carrying (up to 50 pounds),
reaching, squatting, climbing stairs,
kneeling, and moving light furniture may be required.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature,
and air quality. Interruptions
of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be
self-motivated and able to
complete job assignment without direct supervision. After-hour work
may be required. May
make site or home visits when needed and appropriate. Must be able
to work under stressful
Dexterity and physical condition to maintain a rigorous work
schedule and meet standards of
physical and mental health. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position. Individuals must
maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Regular and
consistent work attendance.
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 10/14/2020 3:29:26 AM CST. Powered by
applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Keywords: Zion Elementary School District 6, Kenosha , Director of Teaching and Learning, Executive , Zion, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!