Solutions Engineer Academy - College Connect, February 2023 - Nationwide
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ABOUT LUMENLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its
best when technology advances the way we live and work. With
450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60
countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for
applications and data to help businesses, government and
communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's
network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration
solutions and our purpose to further human progress through
technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies,
Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram:
@lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.THE ROLEDo you
have a passion for technology but thrive on making connections?
Start an AMAZING career with Lumen by joining our July 2022
Solutions Engineer Academy, a College Connect sales development
program. -Be a part of our sales team eco-system, transforming
industries across the globe and changing the world one connection
at a time. -As a technology sales professional, on the Solutions
Engineering team at Lumen, you will assist companies to capitalize
on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution
(4IR).Our Solutions Engineer (SE) academy was designed to put you
on a path towards a successful career as a solution engineer.
Beginning with 10 weeks of immersive training & development to
build your business acumen, sales and product knowledge,
professional network, and customer-centric mindset. Upon successful
completion of the class, trainees will transition into a Solutions
Support Associate role within a major sales market and be set on a
path for career growth and success! -About the SE Academy
- 3-year development program
- Initial 10 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and
- TRAINING CLASS DATES: FEBRUARY 20 - APRIL 28, 2023 (VIRTUAL,
WORK FROM HOME)
- Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven
- Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and
solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market
- Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders,
and business executives from all over the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to a Solutions Support
role within a major sales market -
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the fieldTHE
- Work within a collaborative team environment as part of our
sales eco-system to develop and document customer requirements,
solution designs, service configurations, and project scopes of
work in support of the delivery of network and IT solutions to
- Support and assist field Sales Engineering teams to identify
and develop additional revenue opportunities. -
- Provide general discovery, support, and education to customers
and internal Lumen personnel on questions or issues arising from
- Research, define, and document service change requests where
needed in support of service modification.
- Work with customer and company personnel to help identify and
define technical. problems, determine and design the solution and
assist customer in implementing the fix.
- Uncover and define customer solution and business development
strategies, including the recommendation and communication of
technology roadmaps to business customers.
- Present Lumen capabilities, solution concepts, and technology
roadmaps to both internal and external audiences in both formal and
informal business settings.
- Participate in marketing and networking events and activities
with customer technical and business contacts.
- Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to Sales
Engineering leadership on where processes, services, tools, and
capabilities can be improved or evolved to ensure ongoing
improvement in efficiency and service innovation.WHAT WE LOOK FOR
IN A CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's Degree required. -Business, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Telecom, Networking,
or similar degree (preferred).
- Entry level opportunity ideal for new or recent graduates with
less than 2 years of experience.
- Basic understanding of communications, cloud, application, and
information technologies and design.
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey business and
technology concepts to a wide range of audiences and skillsets
- Comfortable speaking or presenting in an engaging manner to
groups of professionals.
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to
- Ability to show adaptability and resilience.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individual, who can
define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work
- Passion for customer service and desire to understand and
introduce new technology to customer base.
- Willingness to relocate if not located in the market area.
Relocation assistance available for qualified
candidatesAUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE US; SPONSORSHIP IS NOT
AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.WHAT TO EXPECT NEXTRequisition #:
316247EEO STATEMENTWe are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry,
citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability,
genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). -We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.DISCLAIMERThe above job definition
information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. -Job duties and
responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business
needs and conditions.
-SALARY MIN: $42,120SALARY MAX: $93,840This information reflects
the anticipated base salary range for this position based on
current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other
relevant factors.This position is eligible for either short-term
incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also
are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus
structure, you can view additional informationhere. We're able to
answer any additional questions you may have as you move through
the selection process.As part of our comprehensive benefits
package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary
Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical,
mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by
clicking here.Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and
ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Keywords: Lumen, Kenosha , Solutions Engineer Academy - College Connect, February 2023 - Nationwide, Engineering , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!