Company: Kenosha County
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Kenosha County is accepting applications for temporary administrative/clerical support positions that are needed from time to time throughout the year in various departments and divisions. Temporary clerical employees may work up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, for periods of one week to several months. Temporary assignments may be at any of several locations throughout the geographical area of Kenosha County. AREA OF WORK Temporary clerical employees perform a variety of basic administrative tasks to support the mission of a department or division in Kenosha County government. Tasks are generally performed in accordance with standard office procedures, department policies and procedures, and federal and state regulations, and require limited discretion with occasional independent decision making. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Depending on assignment and work location, duties and responsibilities may vary and may include some or all duties listed.
- Provides front desk/counter customer service to visitors/callers.
- Answers questions and directs visitors/callers to the appropriate resources.
- Explains program procedures, processes, rules, and requirements without providing legal advice.
- Enters and maintains data/information; identifies and follows up on discrepancies or missing information; compiles data and runs reports.
- Logs, tracks, and updates data, information, and documentation.
- Maintains files and records; copies, scans, and saves files; retrieves files; and ensures appropriate organization and labeling of files and materials.
- Formats and prepares documents, correspondence, reports, or other documents.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs other work as required or assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of related experience.
- Or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality requirements
- Work independently to meet deadlines
- Gather, organize, and evaluate a variety of data and information, and interpret and apply rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Draft and prepare correspondence
- Use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Use and operate a variety of office machines and equipment
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Remain professional and courteous at all times SELECTION PROCESS
- Application Review - Qualifying.
- Oral Interview - Qualifying.
- Background Check - Qualifying. This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants and will establish an eligibility list which will be used to fill temporary vacancies as they occur in the next year. Thank you for your interest in employment with Kenosha County! Kenosha County is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Hourly $10.00 Kenosha, WI, USA Apply Now See all jobs
Keywords: Kenosha County, Kenosha , TEMPORARY CLERICAL, Administration, Clerical , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!