Administrative and Ministry Aide - Kenosha
Company: The Salvation Army - Metro Division
Posted on: March 23, 2020
OverviewThe Salvation Army Mission:The Salvation Army, an
international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal
Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry
is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the
gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without
discrimination.Provides a wide variety of clerical, secretarial and
receptionist support for the corps and its staff; coordinates
volunteers recruitment and work. Assists with youth ministry
activities. Coordinates the Red Kettle Campaign efforts during
Christmas. Assist with fundraising efforts and contacts throughout
the year and community.ResponsibilitiesThis job description should
not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the
essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job
related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential job functions.Administrative/Volunteer
- Performs general secretarial and clerical duties, including
typing, copying and filing correspondence, memos, letters
(including thank-you notes to donors), preparing projects from
notes or drafts, etc.
- Greets the public in person and on the telephone, provides
general information, answers questions and directs individuals to
appropriate party as necessary. Assists clients and visitors with
concern and empathy; respects their confidentiality and privacy and
communicates with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ensures efficient client and visitor flow by assessing
availability of appropriate staff members (e.g. daily staffing,
vacation calendars, etc.) and notifies the Corps Officer of
conflicts as needed.
- Sorts, distributes and picks up mail on at least a daily
- Recognizes, assesses, and diffuses difficult situations with
callers, visitors, or clients
- Coordinates volunteer services for events and Kettles,
including recruitment efforts; collects and assembles volunteer
applications;prepares statistical reports on the extent, nature,
and value of volunteer service; and maintains the web-based
- Receives and processes monetary donations and gifts-in-kind,
and issues receipts to donors as requested.
- Schedules meetings, rooms and coordinates calendars as
- Records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes within
appropriate time frames as assigned.Youth Ministry
- Plans and leads programming for assigned age group for mid-week
youth programs that is evangelically centered and directs youth
towards the church. This is an evening commitment.
- Helps to plan and oversee evening meal for youth night
- Assists the Corps Officers in planning and leading the opening
united meeting for mid-week youth programs.
- Assists in promoting youth programs to the community.
- Assists with bridging between Community Center programs and the
church, including building connections with parents of children in
- Involves children and youth in ministry opportunities as
appropriate. Serves as a mentor to the youth of the corps,
motivating them to success.
- Adheres to budget guidelines for youth programs and
- Assist with planning and executing summer VBS program.Kettle
- Coordinates the Red Kettle Campaign, to include obtaining
necessary paid and volunteer support, scheduling of bell ringers,
securing and confirming Kettle sites, maintaining Kettle equipment,
overseeing counting of monies, and analysis of Campaign funds/site
performance. Completes necessary reports.
- Assists as needed with Christmas seasonal programs, including
Toy Shop, Red Kettle Campaign, Angel tree, etc.QualificationsThe
requirements listed below are representative of the minimal
education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this
position. Education:High school diploma or equivalent.Experience:
One year administrative support experience, including multi-line
phone experience. Youth ministry experience (preferably with The
Salvation Army) in a theologically-compatible
denomination.Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Drivers License with
clearance to drive by TSAs insurance.Skills/Abilities:
- Must be a Christian to fulfill the essential functions of youth
- Must be available to work evenings for youth ministry
(generally one evening per week), and evenings and weekends as
needed during the Christmas season.Knowledge of:
- General office practices and procedures.
- Salvation Army doctrine and youth ministrySkill/Ability to:
- Effectively assist the public.
- Prioritize workload and multitask.
- Recognize, assess, and diffuse difficult situations.
- Prepare records, reports and correspondence neatly and
- Effectively use a computer with Microsoft Office products,
Internet, and e-mail.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers and the general public.
- Apply correct oral and written English.
- Maintain records and files with precision and
accuracy.Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Christmas seasonal
staff during Kettle season.Physical Requirements:The physical
requirements described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee will be required to perform
variousphysical activity including standing, bending, reaching and
prolonged periods of sitting;talking and listening; using hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally
lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.Travel:Rare except for local
travel throughout community and occasional conferences.Working
Conditions:Work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Much of this job is
performed indoors in normal room temperature conditions. The noise
level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. During
certain youth programming events and during the Kettle season,
there may be exposure to outdoor weather conditions which could
involve extreme temperatures.At times the duties will involve
working with individuals having infectious and/or communicable
diseases.All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a
church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The
Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.Job
Keywords: The Salvation Army - Metro Division, Kenosha , Administrative and Ministry Aide - Kenosha, Administration, Clerical , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!