Student Financial Services Coordinator
Company: Carthage College
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Student Financial Services Coordinator is responsible for
coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the
Office of Student Financial Services. The Accounts Receivable
Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with
other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBITIES:
* Process and post billing related to tuition and fees, room and
board, parking, food services, bookstore and miscellaneous
* Process and record student and non-student account receivable
payments, accurately process, record and reconcile cash receipts,
process credit card payments in accordance with privacy
* Work with LIS to ensure student financial information is accurate
and up to date.
* Collaborate with Financial Aid representatives in providing
one-stop student service regarding financial matters in the Office
of Student Financial Services.
* Determine eligibility for refunds and tuition reimbursement.
* Work with 3rd party servicers as it relates to payment plans,
PERKINS loans, tax documentation and rejected transactions.
* Add/remove account restrictions as appropriate.
* Coordinate the Unsatisfactory Balance process.
* Post Veteran grant payments.
* Assist with account adjustments for bankruptcy and other
settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection
* Assist in development and maintenance of departmental policies
* Provide exceptional customer service in all job
* Resolve basic questions and communicate payment and check-in
process completion steps to students, in person, over the phone,
* Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
* Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or
* Minimum of 3-12 months in Student Services or Customer
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
* Understanding of Accounts receivable and collections processes
* Business planning - organize financial data, develop and follow
systematic approach to tracking finances.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic
* Ability to learn technological applications.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and
* Ability to work in a fast paced, highly quality-focused service
environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional
* Ability to take directions and use independent judgment.
* Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may
periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
* Commitment and respect for diversity.
* Commitment to Carthage College mission and goals.
* Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and
specifications of the position.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving
Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best
liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs,
transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from
dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre
arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate
students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is
consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton
Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report.
All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our
students, as we work together to create an environment where all
can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated
to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome
applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of
ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
Keywords: Carthage College, Kenosha , Student Financial Services Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!