Company: Kenall Lighting
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The ideal candidate will provide general accounting support to
the Controller and Accounting Department. Understand the company's
products and customers. Assist in solving problems, controlling
budgets, and enforcing Company and accounting policies. ESSENTIAL
- Supervise the activities of the Staff Accountant.
- Deliver the close on-time by maintaining and communicating the
close calendar, tracking the progress of close, and preparing and
distributing recurring and ad-hoc reports.
- Prepare properly supported journal entries and approve Staff
Accountant's journal entries.
- Prepare month end financial statements and review for potential
- Complete reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts,
ensure accounts are supported by the appropriate source support,
and perform peer reviews of reconciliations.
- Track the completion balance sheet reconciliations.
- Calculate and analyze key accounting provisions such including
the allowance for doubtful accounts and warranty reserve.
- Calculate and analyze accounting accruals such as the
incentive, commission, benefit, payroll/temporary labor, and
- Ensure all intercompany activity is properly recorded in the
ledger and balances to the counter party.
- Perform treasury activities including forecasting cash
balances, entering payments into the bank, recording cashed checks
in the ERP system, reconciling funding for benefit plans,
coordinating voids and reissuances, and reconciling bank
- Prepare and file state and local tax returns.
- Preform royalty accounting and prepare annual royalty
- Provide support for the annual financial audit, benefit plan
audits, and internal audits.
- Design, implement, and monitor controls over financial
- Design, implement, and maintain standard accounting and finance
processes and templates.
- Create, maintain, and document procedures for assigned
- Participate and/or lead process improvement projects and
enhancement of ERP capabilities.
- Provide support to general accounting (AR, AP, and Accounting
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned. GENERAL
- Set goals and objectives with Controller.
- Meet deadlines and established goals.
- Continuously look for ways to improve quality and
- Provide timely status updates to the team on tasks, projects,
- Participate in ongoing individual training / development
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in work area.
- Report abnormalities in equipment, machines, programs and
- Perform backup functions to other team members and Controller
as instructed. Engage in cross-training to support back-up efforts
as directed. Perform other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or equivalent combination of
education and experience).
- Four years plus of experience in Accounting & Finance.
- Organized, deadline driven, and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as
required to discuss training, general direction, and other
- Knowledge of and experience in accounting principles and
- Highly computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite and
- Knowledge of payroll processes and controls.
- Experience in manufacturing a plus but not required.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to display strong customer service
- Must be flexible to perform overtime duties or adjust schedule
- Must be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed.
- Must possess positive, "can do" attitude.
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude and possess the
ability to work in a professional manner with customers, vendors,
and employees at all levels.
Keywords: Kenall Lighting, Kenosha , Sr. Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Kenosha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!